Forum

Chatting 2020

4 years 3 months ago #80860 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Chatting 2020

Buc wrote: Interesting conversation with Dave Aranda.

Every team has injuries throughout the year, especially in the SEC. I just wonder what "might" have happened if both Cager and Blaylock along with George Pickens were on the field at the same time. Injuries did not help us, especially in the game with LSU. Jake did not have a lot of choices.

No the injuries didn't help us, but with Cager et al on the field I bet we still lose by 14- 20 points. Probably 20. Those guys were in the field when we lost to South Carolina...

LSU knew how to stop us in 2018 with a heathy team, and they knew how to beat us in 2019. We had no answers... no answers anytime when our opponent had the strategy and the necessary horses to run it.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80861 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Chatting 2020
Those are my thoughts as well. I think had Cager played and had Pickens conducted himself in the proper manner to be in the 1st half, it would have still been a wide margin. Muschamp wrote the decryption code for Georgia and published it for all to see, and every team we played after SC used it, which is a big part of why the offense was anemic the rest of the season (the other part being dropped passes, missed routes, and overthrows). And, not to grind an ax here and I realize that I'm a lone soldier in this battle, but this is exactly why if I were in charge, I would have been searching for a new OC. A complete lack of creativity to change the scheme to take the advantage away from the opponent for the rest of the season. Now, if that was Kirby's doing and not Coley's......... well......then we have bigger problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, SimpleDawg

More
4 years 3 months ago #80862 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Chatting 2020
Wart, not the first time you and I have been on opposite sides of the fence. Meaning, what we see does not relate to each of us the same way. You know what I think about you and your thoughts on this board. I actually like the good cop bad cop exchanges, improves my thought pattern . . . . "sometimes". ;)

I have mad respect for your opinions, Buc... but I'm going to wait and see it first before I would definitively say some of the same things you have said.

Have to ask these questions . . . . Why would Jamie Newman choose to play for Georgia if he has questions about the offensive coordinator’s abilities. Does Jamie Newman know something that many of us don’t? Has he been led to believe that Georgia will either be hiring another offensive mind or the current coordinator being replaced? Questions of interest to me. Hard for me to believe that Jamie Newman is going to suit up for UGA and not believe that he will further his offensive skills/capabilities.

I have asked myself this question a couple of times in the 2019 Season . . . . why did Kirby Smart choose to make James Coley his offensive coordinator? Was it for game management or game management and South Florida recruiting? Do not think that James Coley is lacking in offensive football knowledge, think that Coley needs the pieces and parts that make an offense produce at a higher level.

As far as how many points LSU would have beaten us by even with a full compliment of our “best players” . . . . not sure. I do “believe” we (UGA) would have played a much “better” game against LSU with all of our “pieces and parts”. Number of points in a game are only relevant when a team gets the “W”. We could have beaten some of the teams by larger scores in 2019, at the end of the game it simply came down to a “W”.

Change comes when change is needed. Too often I have witnessed a lack of understanding disguised as a “fix”. LSU “fixed” their problems with a hiring, not a firing. Kirby Smart sits in the big seat, head of the table. Choice is his, not mine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago #80863 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Chatting 2020
I ask myself... what one thing would kill our successful recruiting??

Make a commitment to a recruit and his family and...

Have it turn out to be a bear faced lie..... we all know these

Recruits talk to each other daily..... credibility is destroyed in a

Heartbeat..... point is Jamie asked questions....liked and believed

Answers..... Jamie wants to polish his ability to read defenses..

throw from the pocket...which he did at WF... he also

Can extend plays with his legs ....and yes ... designed QB

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
4 years 3 months ago #80864 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Chatting 2020
Another reflection of mine . . . . Remembering Coach Smart getting on Coach Chaney during a game, outcome of that . . . . believe one of the reasons that Jim Chaney is now in Knoxville.

Move along to this . . . . I agree with a post that was made on this board a short time back. What happened with our offensive line? I have one opinion that might not sit well with some but . . . . Ben Cleveland. understand he suffered a serious injury, also know that his return left something to be desired. Cleveland was being "moved" because there was talent behind him that wanted to play, and that right was always earned during practice. Some players can see a situation for what it is, others sometimes select a different approach. I along with most folks hated to see Sam Pittman leave for Arkansas, or anywhere, that however is water under the bridge now. Coach Sam Pittman's line toward the end of the season seemed stalled when moving folks in the running game. Matt Luke in Athens now, did not take Coach Luke long to put his "stamp" on what he is looking for concerning offensive linemen. Luke wants lighter men that can move, reach the second level. That tells me that our offense is in for a "change" in 2020. Did it take a coaching change to make us move forward another step, could be.

I have zero illusions that our offense is going to need to get together both during legal time and off season time. Some of that time will not allow the coaching staff to be involved, that is one reason I had some hope that Jake Fromm would return. One man seldom changes "everything". That goes for coaches and players, might also add "Athletic Directors".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SimpleDawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago #80865 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Chatting 2020
It all makes me wonder when Kirby knew of Jakes departure.
There’s no doubt of an offensive change.
I don’t see how we can get worse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds