Forum

Chatting 2020

4 years 3 months ago #80872 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Chatting 2020
Averagedawg ....your last post just triggered a thought...

After the win in the Sugar Bowl HC spoke of a disease that

had infected our football team.... the disease where some players

Thought they were better than they actually were....didn’t feel they

Need to work as hard... something was off going into the SC

game and we never hit stride again..

Moments yes but never played a game were everything clicked...

Some 18 players didn’t make the trip to New Orleans...

Some who are still with the team.... not a peep on their status..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #80873 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Chatting 2020

yankeedawg1 wrote: Kirby admitted he didn’t have a plan “B” when he didn’t recruit and

sign enough WR ‘s to cover losses to injury and early departures..

Something unplanned for will almost always happen, There should always be a "plan B", even if plan B means a departure from that which you are most comfortable with. That's what we didn't do and one big open window of NC opportunity we had was just closed as a result.

This is why I give no benefit of the doubt any longer.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80874 by Wartdawg
Sorry, double post

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
4 years 3 months ago #80875 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Chatting 2020

averagedawg wrote: Something happened to Jake around the USC game. The offense never really clicked and frankly, leadership sucked.
You can’t put it all on Fromm but it is what it is.

What happened to Fromm is that Muschamp pulled the sword out of the stone and started swinging it at him. It was the first game that there was no secret sauce Jake could use to will a win. Jake was pressured, his receivers were covered, the offense was totally out of sync and Coley kept going to the same well that was dry all game. Up the gut, screen pass, up the gut, punt. Up the gut, up the gut, up the gut, punt. Sweep toss, up the gut, screen pass, punt. Up the gut, up the gut, quick slant, punt.

That game was planned from start to finish with shutting down UGA's offense in mind. There was no offensive adjustment. I remarked in that game that it was the first time in the Kirby era that I saw literally zero adjustment after the half, and by the late 3rd quarter said "I'll bet we lose this game." Sure enough.

That was definitely the turning point in the season. Nothing was the same from that point on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SimpleDawg

More
4 years 3 months ago #80876 by Wartdawg
SD...

First 8 minutes of the NC game tonight and Clemson has thrown more different stuff at LSU than UGA did in 2018 and 2019 combined.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

More
4 years 3 months ago #80877 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Chatting 2020
Agree there. I'm watching it too thinking that this is what offensive scheming looks like

More
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds