Forum

Chatting 2020

4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80836 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Chatting 2020
Wart, maybe this will answer some of the questions both of us have and many more folks for sure.

With Newman at quarterback, would really like to see Georgia offense set up in a 3/1. No longer a need for a two tight end set. Jamie has wheels.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago #80837 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Chatting 2020
He was a great option for us, but I am still concerned and something in that first video is the exact reason why...

When he was talking about Fields, he said he didn't know if Fields was still here that he wasn't sure he would be the unchallenged starter here and certainly we would not be running the offense that made him a Heisman candidate.

Square pegs and round holes and a stubbornness or downright refusal to alter anything based on the available talent....

Our next big signee... big, tall pure pocket passer...

So this is a great pickup for us, but I wonder if Kirby will tie a pocket anchor to him and negate a big part of his game. It's a valid concern.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the following scenario:

He is our starter next year and Bennett will be our backup again. Beck will get a ton of hype..
Mathis will transfer after next season, and Beck steps in for 2021.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80838 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Chatting 2020
One thing for sure . . . . Jamie Newman choosing Georgia will "force" changes in our offense. No way does Newman sign on with us and not play the same way he did at Wake Forest. By that I mean, Newman brings a mindset that he can make that needed play. The other side of that coin is this . . . . Newman will not be playing from behind on the scoreboard, having to play catch up ball. Smart and Company on defense will make sure Newman and the offense are in every game. That alone changes games that before were nail biters. Also, with success, little doubt that Beck will follow in Newman's foot steps. Beck can and does run the ball, Beck is also head strong, that can be good or bad of course. Comes down to this for me . . . . I want an offense that can play on a level or better than those teams we face. I hope that every time or almost every time our offense lines up we showcase 3 wide receivers, tight end and running back. Perfect offense for Newman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago #80839 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Chatting 2020
Fromm rarely played from behind with the defense we had this year, and I certainly believe he thought he could always make a play.

I have no doubt about our players abilities.. changes in our offense though; I'll believe that when I see it.

No offense to anyone...

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
4 years 3 months ago #80840 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Chatting 2020
Jamie brings a new dynamic to our QB room....

Mathis appears to be cleared to play in May...

Jamie wants to learn and improve being a pocket passer..

He feels his NFL draft stock will improve... Jamie will become a

Mentor to Mathis ..... don’t sleep on Beck..... 6’5” over 220..

And will run the ball..... be interesting to see Beck and Burroughs in

A foot race..... Beck is already in the weight room... he will greet a DB with a RB attitude.....

Kirby could have brought any transfer QB he wanted...

He wouldn’t have brought a racehorse in to transform into a

Plow phony..... yes seeing it will be confirmation..

Relax .... ultra vanilla..two page playbook until Sept 19th. when

We visit Tuscaloosa.....

Go Dawgs .....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
4 years 3 months ago #80841 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Chatting 2020
CKS is hard headed but not stupid and wants to win, I believe gradual change is coming to the Offense and Coaching attitude. We will know when Spring practice begins just how open to this change that Kirby is!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!! GATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds