Chatting 2020

4 years 3 months ago #80848 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Chatting 2020
Buc..been binge watching film on Jamie

Deep balls to wideouts ...check

Underneath routes to RB... check

Tight End over the middle... check

Several plays using RB as lead blocker running the ball check

Jamie has the wheels to use when needed...

The quality of his surrounding cast .... will open even more

Opportunity.....yes reminded ..... a new broom always sweep

Clean.... believe Jamie is more than a one trick phony...

Yes still waiting for confirmation..... on the field...serious upgrade

from Lambert ....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #80849 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic Chatting 2020
Hey guys and ladies, with several kids leaving early I assume we have several spots left we can now go out and grab a player? I'd like to nail down the two OL men, but Buc had mentioned earlier in this post about sometimes 3 stars become great while 5 stars do not.

I say that to say this: I have no problem adding 4-5 three star kids we may not have had at the top of our list but may have a chip on their shoulder.

For example, now that we said bye to 5 star RB Evans, I don't like the idea of having only 4 RB's (Zamir, Cook, McIntosh and Milton). If one goes down, 1 stays nicked up, then we are thin. I'd love to add 1-2 three star RB's with a great work ethic who would be good chemistry guys.

Look at Clemson (I know they have an easier path and all ) until this recruiting class, they were always 6-12th in the nation, yet have a couple titles. I think some of that is the fact they had elite QB's and tons of highly motivated kids (3 stars and low 4 stars).

Anyone know how many scholarships we have available to give? I know we didn't sign as many as most schools and now with all the defections I assume we have 7-10?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago #80850 by BulldogShannon
Agree. Been watching film too. While he will never be compared to Mike Vick running around, he's a big dude and can get the 2-5 yards right up the middle if he needs too. I think he will extend drives, punt less. Sure, UF CAN win the east but the idiot Kanell is speaking ignorantly when he says "book it".

Think how much better our D will be this year if the offense has the ball even longer. 12.5 PPG last year? What if it's 10 PPG this year?

It will be nice to see how Dan Mullet and team handles being the BMOC in 2020.

Love where the Dawgs will be mentally.

Just my opinion but I'f like to see Newman start, Mathis get a few reps EVERY GAME "just in case " injury happens, and Beck redshirt. I think this finally gets our QB classes spread out just enough to always have a player back with some experience. But if Newman is the guy, please do NOT treat Mathis the way we did Fields.

Mathis should play entire 4th quarters in the "paycheck" games, and I'd like him to get a couple series in any game we are fortunate enough to be up by 20 after half. I'd rather win a game 30-14 than 45-10 IF it means the #2 QB has plenty of reps with the team in 2020.

More
4 years 3 months ago #80851 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Chatting 2020
Great post BulldogShannon, that is a great plan and not impossible to happen. UGA has needed that for more years than I care to count and we’re still in that rut, only now we have a way out of it. I hope CKS and staff are paying attention. I am sold on the program, it just needs to be tweaked and the wheels greased cause the hot rod is ready to roll.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!! GATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
4 years 3 months ago #80852 by BulldogShannon
Thanks Growl! I'm thinking that if losing a 20 point halftime lead on ANY team just because Mathis plays 2 series , then my argument is UGA can't blame Mathis. Blowing leads like that with our defense are highly unlikely--or else we have deeper issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago #80853 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Chatting 2020
Not many teams can say that they have been two plays away in three years from a natty and did’nt win one, plus the year we should have grounded the ball but threw an interception to lose a chance to play a Notre Dame team that didn’t belong on the same field with UGA only to watch someone else in the Natty, AGAIN. We’re hungry, time to put that streak to bed.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!! GATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds