Forum

Cowboys coming to Athens

17 years 1 month ago #4049 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
Sanders was in fact the greatest.

I was asking about Texas from memory because I did not care to look it up, but they barely beat an Iowa team that lost to indiana and northwestern. For those who do not know, Indiana and Northwestern are #1 and #2 in ALL-TIME losses in NCAA history. These two teams are the wost ever. Northwestern has lost more than 600 games! That level of crappiness takes a firm commitment to sucking that is rarely seen these days. Even Vandy has an all time winning record.

That is not exactly a ringing endorsement. But I have no hate for Okla. State.

For the record Oklahoma State has an all time record of 482-506-48 for a winning percentage of .488417 in 1036 games.

UGA is 702-379-54 in 1135 games for a % of .642291.

If I remember correctly, the OU/OSU rivalry is the most lopsided in major college history as well with a record of 77-16-7. I may have missed a game here or there, but I think that is correct.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #4051 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
You know, this one's between you and kentdaddy but I don't feel that a \"front line defense\" is outside the top 15. Ranked 23rd in defense is NOT a front line defensive unit in my opinion. From 16th to about 40th there isn't that much of a difference and certainly aren't considered \"elite\", oops, I mean \"front line\" !!

Hey kentdaddy, have you forgotten about a guy named Herschel? Not taking anything away from Sanders, he may have been the greatest of all time, but Herschel was 25 years ahead of his time. Nobody could have imagined a RB at 6'2\", 225 lbs that could run a 100 meters in 10.2 seconds. Nobody could PHYSICALLY stop him, he was a 21st century back playing in 1980. Physical speciman that totally DOMINATED teams physically and more importantly MENTALLY, just ask Florida, they were beat when they saw Herschel warming up before the game. Now, Sanders may have been the most exciting and fun back to watch in history and maybe THE best pro RB of all time......

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 1 month ago #4052 by kentdaddy
I agree about Herschel.. I was just buttering up the OSU guy. Barry was the best pro RB though. Herschel Was the best college RB and few would argue against that based on a career. Barry had one GREAT year.

More
17 years 1 month ago #4054 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
No one could physically stop Sanders, either. They simply couldn't catch him.

Herschel Walker 5.3 yards per carry
Barry Sanders 7.6 yards per carry

There really is no comparison.

GATA! Woof!

• RxCowboy
  • RxCowboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 1 month ago #4056 by kentdaddy
yards per carry is a little deceptive. The big 8 back then was OU, Nebraska and the six dwarfs. And OU had been hammered by the NCAA for cheating. Sanders was great, but most everyone who knows college football considers Herschel the 1st or 2nd best player ever.

Herschel had olympic sprinter speed. Barry had an unmatched elusiveness from his days of flag football.

More
17 years 1 month ago #4057 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
Come on now RxCowboy, the Big 8 conference versus the SEC, give me a break. Listen, the record book speaks for itself, the 3 years Herschel played, UGA won 3 SEC Championships and 1 National Championship. He simply put the team on his shoulders and carried them into the record books. Titles are the measurement, no contest. Sanders was the best pro RB.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds