Forum

Cowboys coming to Athens

17 years 1 month ago #4034 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
No way!

I do not care who they have they are not as good as Steve Slaton and Pat White. Those two are like having Mike Vick at QB with Reggie Bush at Tailback.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #4035 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
You're right kentdaddy, I was only kidding. White and Slaton are unbelievable but would like to see us play them again. Believe the Dawgs learned their lesson against WV and won't take anybody lightly again. OSU's offense is good but don't believe they have played many teams with the combo of speed, toughness and depth like they are going to see in Athens. Their defense is very average at best and I believe the Dawgs offense is going to be very good this year as long as the OL is pretty good, '08's offense may be unstopable.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 1 month ago #4036 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
White and Slaton were impressive. But I couldn't believe that WV's o-line could manhandle the Dogs d-line the way they did. White and Slaton ran through some monster holes.

Watching the second half of that game... late in the game... you just knew that if the D could just make one stop and put the ball back in DJ's hands the Dogs would've won. Just one stop.

GATA! Woof!

• RxCowboy
  • RxCowboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 1 month ago #4037 by wlayton
They did stop them with a couple of minutes left for DJ to take them down the field (like he had been doing for 2 1/2 quarters) but they faked the punt and we had to stop them again with not much time left to do anything. When UGA lined up on WV's punt, I turned to my wife and said \"they're going to fake it\" !!!!! We only had about 3-4 players on the line rushing the punt so the fake was a piece of cake. We were setting up a return when WV was punting from mid field!!!!! 1) There was no chance of a punt return when WV's punter would have kicked it high down to our 10 with probably a fair catch and 2) UGA HAD TO MAKE SURE THEY PUNTED !!!!!!!!!! We HAD to get the ball back, period!!! They couldn't stop us at that point, we were scoring at will. NEVER understood that coaching blunder in setting up a return instead of MAKING SURE THEY KICKED THE BALL !!! (guess you can tell I haven't gotten over that one yet, sorry)

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 1 month ago #4038 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
How many offenses did Georgia face last year that averaged 200+ yards rushing and 200+ yards passing? Oklahoma State played 3 top 25 defenses last year and averaged 21 points per game and 328 yards per game against them. Still, Georgia will probably be the best defense the Pokes will face next year. It will be a big test for them, and should make for a good game.

GATA! Woof!

• RxCowboy
  • RxCowboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 1 month ago #4039 by wlayton
I actually would have thought that their offense would have averaged more than 21 points and 328 ypg against them!! That's pretty decent numbers for the pro's but not in college. I was expecting you to say they averaged 28-30 against those 3 top 25 defenses and 400 plus ypg. Now scoring 32(?) against Alabama was a good performance.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds