Forum

Cowboys coming to Athens

17 years 3 weeks ago #4005 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
RxCowboy wrote:

The bit about doing the opposite of Reggie Ball, that was pretty funny. How the freak did he start for four years? Does Tech have nothing but morons for QB coaches? They couldn't find anyone better? In FOUR years?

They did find someone better, and his name was DeMarius Bilbo. Kid came in a couple of times when Ball got hisself throwed out. Or when he got hurt. He wasn't a quarterback (TB who did a lot of catching out of the backfield) but he made smarter decisions than Ball and he frightened me when he was under center because I thought...ooh, this kid might actually do something. I dunno...maybe Reggie had one of Chan's testicles in a jar at home that he held hostage in exchange for the starting job or something.

Don't question Tech's intelligence, though. I'm very superstitious, and I don't want to wake up tomorrow morning to find that the past six years have all been a dream. \"Nine in a row to Tech, and Donnan's still coach...NOOOOOOOO!!!!!\"

Reggie Ball: future Arena Football League third-stringer. We salute you!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #4012 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
Hey RxCowboy, did you know that the OSU QB (Reid, I think) was ready to call Richt to commit to UGA but Blake Barnes submarined him? The story I heard was that UGA only wanted to sign one more QB and had been talking with BB. Then Richt was recruiting Reid to come to UGA when BB got wind of that fact and immediately picked up the phone and committed to UGA. Reid called the next day (I believe that's correct) to accept the scholarship but was told it had already been given to BB . Reid would have been playing for the Dawgs.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #4013 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
wlayton wrote:

Hey RxCowboy, did you know that the OSU QB (Reid, I think) was ready to call Richt to commit to UGA but Blake Barnes submarined him?

Your story is accurate. All I can say is \"thank you Blake Barnes!\" Reid is a great one. He is headed for the NFL.

Where is Blake Barnes? I don't remember him being in the QB competition with Joe T., Cox, and Stafford last year.

Speaking of Joe T., Cox, and Stafford... what do you guys think for \"2 QB systems\"?

GATA! Woof!

• RxCowboy
  • RxCowboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #4014 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
First of all, Stafford is the man. Cox is a great backup and can win games for you but he doesn't have all the skills of Stafford. As a rule of thumb, a one QB system works best. BB is 3rd string, will stay that way and once Grey gets to Athens, BB would become the 4th string except they will redshirt Grey.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #4015 by RxCowboy
Stafford is the man. He was pretty doggone impressive (pardon the pun) down the stretch run last year. I have a good friend here in All-binny who is a huge Auburn fan and had a chance to go to that game, but declined... DOH!

You don't see Cox or BB transferring?

GATA! Woof!

• RxCowboy
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #4016 by RxCowboy
What is the general though on Danny Ware leaving early for the NFL? Charles Johnson?

GATA! Woof!

• RxCowboy
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds