Forum

Cowboys coming to Athens

17 years 1 month ago #4017 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
Two players that will be missed. I kind of expected CJ to go, but Danny surprised me. I wish him the best, but not sure how much of an impact he'll make in the pros. I guess he figured there's too many backs at UGA (Good for fans, bad for him) for him to get playing time.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #4020 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
Ware was headed to the bench in 07. He never was the same after his injury. Brown will be a question mark as his knee heals, but we have lotsa hope for King and Lumpkin in 07. By the way, i am from Thomasville, and I am familiar with the local dialect which refers to Albany as All-binny, lol......

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 1 month ago #4022 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
wlayton,

In the off season I do not check in as often because I get obsessed with football too early and it kills me. I am ready to defend our home turf though.

I am still on for the opening game. I have child care covered. I have not bought tickets yet but I will probably just go to stub hub or something later.

This period in time is not very good for teams witht the initials OSU when playing the SEC so I am confident going into the season. I hope it will be memorable.

More
17 years 1 month ago #4027 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
In my opinion, Charles Johnson was ready for the NFL and should have gone. Ware is a pretty good back but like UnderDog37 said, would sit on the bench this season, plus I'm not so sure about his grades as well. I think they should redshirt T Brown. It takes about a year and a half to get back to full speed, all you need to do is to look back at Lumpkin. It took him into the last half of the '05 season to get back to full speed (1 1/2 years). Lumpkin and Moreno will be the next Brown and Cadillac Williams of Auburn and if King can ever get in school, watch out!!

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 1 month ago #4031 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
The Pokes have a pretty doggone good pair of backs in Dantell Savage (from Columbus, GA) and Keith Toston. Here are their stats from last year. Keep in mind that Savage was injured to start the season, and took a couple more games to unseat incumbent start Mike Hamilton (who has transferred to Georgia Southern). Savage and Toston are good.

RUSHING GP-GS Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G

Savage,Dantrell 11-5 126 843 23 820 6.5 8 70 74.5
Toston,Keith 12-3 106 642 11 631 6.0 6 40 52.6

GATA! Woof!

• RxCowboy
  • RxCowboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 1 month ago #4033 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
MAN, not another West Virginia !!!!