Forum

Cowboys coming to Athens

17 years 1 month ago #4040 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
Texas in Austin last year was the worst game of the season for Bobby Reid. Their defensive line got after him pretty good in the first quarter and it rattle him. Take away that game and it is 367 and 28. But I'm not going to play games with stats to make us look better. That's what we did against the 3 top 25 defenses we faced last year, plain and honest.

Georgia looked pretty impressive last year against the two top 25 defenses they faced last year, VTech and Auburn. It was against the lesser defenses, like Colorado, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, that they didn't look so good. It's those Vanderbilt and Colorado games that make Oklahoma State fans think they have a chance of winning in Athens.

GATA! Woof!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RxCowboy
  • RxCowboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 1 month ago #4041 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
I knew we would have trouble with the WVU speed that year. Hell, McFadden as a freshman and a horrible Arkansas team almost beat us and we did lose to Cadillac and Auburn. We also had trouble with Miss. St. and their quick little back. That SEC champ defense had big trouble witht small quick backs. I think we will be better this year.

OSU may have a great running offense, but that is against a defense like Kansas, Texas, Nebraska and Oklahoma. All the big 12 teams gave up points and yards. They, like Ohio State do not play at the speed of an SEC defense.

More
17 years 1 month ago #4042 by RxCowboy
kentdaddy wrote:

OSU may have a great running offense, but that is against a defense like Kansas

Yeah, and Georgia tore it up against Vanderbilt's and Kentucky's D, right?

Texas, Nebraska and Oklahoma.

Texas and Oklahoma had top 25 ranked defenses, and Texas was #3 in the nation against the run.

In the 2006-2007 bowl season

Oklahoma State 34
Alabama 31

Auburn 17
Nebraska 14

I fail to see where the SEC's magnificent speed overwhelmed the Big 12 teams.

GATA! Woof!

• RxCowboy
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 1 month ago #4043 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
RxCowboy, against the lesser defenses last year Mr. Stafford and the offense were going through the contractions prior to their birth at the end of the year. No such problems this year with Stafford and Co. against those type of lesser defenses. MS will have control of the offense and many more weapons to work with. This year the offense is going to be very good, the next year they will be incredible. Hopefully OSU WILL be looking at the films of the early part of '06.Two entirely different offenses.

Just saw your last post. First of all Alabama sucked last year and Auburn, based on your post, DID win the bowl game, so you need to give us a better example, how about UF's defense against the \"other\" OSU ?!!?

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 1 month ago #4046 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
The front line SEC defenses were better than the likes of Bama. Vandy was a decent team and Kentucky had probably their best team in 20 years.

Didn't Texas get shredded in a bowl?

Besides, we all know what come from Texas....steers and ....well.......nancy boys.

I will concede that it my opinion Barry Sanders is the greatest RB ever.

More
17 years 1 month ago #4047 by RxCowboy
kentdaddy wrote:

The front line SEC defenses were better than the likes of Bama.

How SEC defenses were ranked nationally:

3. LSU
6. Florida
8. Georgia
19. Auburn
23. Alabama

Bama was in the top 25 nationally. Yeah, there were a couple of defenses better. But a top 25 D is \"front line\".

Didn't Texas get shredded in a bowl?

You do know this is college football we're talking about, right?

Alamo Bowl
Texas 26
Iowa 24

It was aTm that got shredded by Cal. Which makes it interesting because in another thread some guy has them in a BCS bowl. Tain't gonna happen.

I will concede that it my opinion Barry Sanders is the greatest RB ever.

I got to see every home game the year Sanders won the Heisman. He was incredible. What people don't realize, and this especially irks me when they compare others to him, there were only TWO games he played in the fourth quarter that year, and there were FIVE games he didn't play after half-time but maybe a series or two. That's a total of TEN games that he didn't touch the ball in the fourth quarter. Others may break his records, but they aren't going to do it the way he did it.

GATA! Woof!

• RxCowboy
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds