Forum

Cowboys coming to Athens

17 years 3 weeks ago #3990 by RxCowboy
Cowboys coming to Athens was created by RxCowboy
Let me introduce myself... I'm RxCowboy. I am faculty with UGA college of pharmacy and love the Bulldogs. However, I have a major conflict coming up Sept. 1 when the Oklahoma State Cowboys come to town... I grew up in Oklahoma, am a former Oklahoma State student and have been known to bleed Aggie Orange. My son (17 years old) is named after Oklahoma State Head Coach Mike Gundy, and I have a seat in Gallagher-Iba Arena with my name on it.

I'm looking forward to the game... man, it is going to be something when the Pokes play in Athens. I nearly passed out when I heard the announcement about the game! I was in my office with tears of joy streaming down my face (okay, not really, but I was really happy). Getting to see my two favorite teams in the same place at the same time... WOW IS THAT FREAKING GREAT! It is a can't lose proposition for me (as long as it is a good close, hard fought game) no matter who wins one of my teams will be undefeated and the other will have a \"good loss.\"

So, all I have to say is...

Ride with Pride! Go Pokes! and...

Go Dawgs! Sic em! Woof! Woof! Woof!

GATA! Woof!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RxCowboy
  • RxCowboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #3992 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
RxCowboy, welcome to the forum. We will try and convert you 100% to the Dawgs if we can. I certainly understand the feelings that you are going to have but you may as well come on over to us and make the full committment to only the Dawgs. You said it will be a win/win as long as it is a close game, well it won't be.............remember Boise St 2 years ago? UGA by 2-3 TDs, so it will be an undefeated start for the Dawgs but not a \"good\" loss for OSU. Let's hear a lot from you and hopefully you can get with all of us when we meet in Athens for the 1st game to get to know everybody and put faces behind these posts, try to come.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #3994 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
Oh, I'm already about 95% Dawgs. While I still bleed Aggie Orange, I've got a few Bulldog red corpuscles too.

Yes, I remember the Boise State game 2 years ago. I was there. In fact, it was my first UGA game. I know what it means for non-conference opponents to try to win Between the Hedges. However, I also know that these are not those two teams, either. This Cowboys offense is going to be really good, capable of playing with anyone in the country. How good the defense is will be the question. My guess is that UGA is going to win the game. But I think it is going to be way closer than 3 TD's.

If Oklahoma State's D improve significantly they should challenge Texas an OU in the Big 12 South.

PS The BEST Oklahoma State fan site is Orangepower.com. I've posted the URL for this site on Orangepower.com so there should be a few Pokes fans who wander over here. I'd love to see a few Dawgs show up on Orangepower.com for some good discussion over there, too.

GATA! Woof!

• RxCowboy
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #3995 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
Great, they will be greeted with open arms..........HEY KENTDADDY where are you? Some OSU fans are coming to our forum, we need you on this one!!!

You are right about OSU having a very good offense but when Alabama scores 35 on you, your defense is really bad. Alabama's offense was one of THE worst in the SEC last year.
Anyway, you're a 95% Dawg, so we only have to convert another 5%, doable !!

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #3996 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
Bama didn't score 35 on the defense, they scored twice off of two special teams breakdowns. But still, the defense has been a real weak spot the past couple of years. The Pokes have a new D coordinator, a guy they got from Ohio State, so hopefully the D will improve. There is definitely some talent there. Ask Pokes fans about \"third and long\" and most of them will groan.

I think talent-wise the starting 22 match up pretty well with what Georgia will put on the field, although the Dawgs have the edge in overall talent. It is depth that might be a problem for the Pokes. Their talent levels have definitely improved the past couple of years with a pair of top 25 recruiting classes. But the depth simply isn't there yet. That may not be a problem for the first game... it becomes a problem down the stretch of the Big 12 South schedule where injuries start to mount.

Are there any other folks in this forum that live in Southwest Georgia?

GATA! Woof!

• RxCowboy
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #3997 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Cowboys coming to Athens
Here is how OSU can win....

Get Barry Sanders to find a year of eligibility....

Get Switzer to bring some cheating OU boys in as hired guns.......

If Switzer is busy cleaning Jerry Jones boat then get Spurrier to teach OSU that damned bubble screen..........

Get tape of Reggie Ball and do the opposite of what he did.........

Change school colors from orange......we hate orange and after forgetting to tackle in the 2nd half of the UT game and letting the UF game slip away we might mistake OSU for those other orange schools and bring a Rodney King sized beat down for OSU......

Change school initials from OSU because OSU teams do not fare well against the SEC.......

Use Auburn orange for a day because it seems to work well in Athens for some f__king reason.....

If none of these work then maybe OSU can get Don Imus to say mean things about our team and wreck our fragile psyches!

In the end the OP will have to face the fact that he has grown as a man and his mistakes as an orange youth have allowed him to grow into all his red and black glory.....

The sea of red and black on opening day will lead the way to the land of righteous victory!

So says the right reverend Kentdaddy!

More
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds