Forum

South Carolina Game Day thread

9 years 7 months ago #62608 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
BullDawg2010, most that post here don't usually call players names. Don't misread this, I have mentioned Swann in this thread and another one, I believe he is "all that" in his mind. Do not believe that he understands "all" and the other pups don't.

Also believe this . . . . the posts that ogredawg has made, make a lot of sense. He does not believe in Mike Bobo and that is understandable, especially after as you say, getting the ball on Swann's interception and what . . . . ?

Someone else said in this thread and have read it elsewhere . . . . Pruitt and Bobo were not around for "coach speak". I can take that two ways. (1) Both are embarrassed and (2) Both are embarrassed.

Anyone that believes that practice next week will be butt kicking, don't think so. My guess would be that there will be a "lot" of film study. grantham liked to scream, do not think that is Pruitt/Rocker and Company's way of correcting play on the field. I sincerely hope that is the route the coaches will take.

Sometimes a good butt whipping has a way of getting players attention.

From what I have seen on film thus far, our problem is "covering" for the defensive backfield, and allow me this, our linebackers.

I sincerely hope that we continue to play many, only way to breakout of this "funk" that we are in.

Spurrier said in his presser after the game . . . . Winning games in the SEC are special, "some games are more special than others". Not sure that "Bobby Bowden Two (2)" has an understanding of that. One of the reasons that Bobby Bowden was released, he got too wrapped up in "family and friends". Will get you fired by those that want to "win". Jimbo Fisher did just that, and did it while on Bobby Bowden's staff. Those in FSU's "Group" did what our "Group" will never do. They (FSU) understood that Bobby Bowden's time was over.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, BullDawg2010

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62609 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
Yeah... that's right wlayton.. our D would have probably let them come back anyway.

....something was bound to happen. It always does. No UGA season is complete really begins until we lose a big game that we could have found a way to win.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 7 months ago #62610 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic South Carolina Game Day thread

BullDawg2010 wrote: :dry: Haven't been on in awhile, probably won't get back on until major changes in Athens take place.

Last year put me down in the dumps, jury is still out on this year.

Defense was the problem, sure we can look at it that we had a chance to win and bobo screwed us, but our secondary once again made us look like we were playing against peyton manning.
THAT BEING SAID:

Last series play calling on offense was a joke, best back in the country and you run him 4 times, go for the win not the tie. Gurley makes plays period.

Not ready to throw Pruitt under the bus either, wasn't expecting any miracles, will judge him once he gets his own guys.

All in all, when you score 35, you should win the game.

When you have the best player in the country you give him the ball, you don't get cute and try something complicated. You put the big boys in and you run the dangum ball right down their throats.

Oh, and Damian swann I know you got a pick and all that, but you got burned all night.

Both sides of the ball are responsible but IMHO the defense was more to blame, secondary is extremely weak, and SC offensive line owned our defensive line.

One word.....BINGO.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 7 months ago #62611 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic South Carolina Game Day thread

Wartdawg wrote: Yeah... that's right wlayton.. our D would have probably let them come back anyway.

....something was bound to happen. It always does. No UGA season is complete really begins until we lose a big game that we could have found a way to win.

Another.....Bingo.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62617 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
Good summary 2010. (except the part about not posting until things get better.)

You said about all there is to say about it imho.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

9 years 7 months ago #62620 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic South Carolina Game Day thread

Buc wrote: BullDawg2010, most that post here don't usually call players names. Don't misread this, I have mentioned Swann in this thread and another one, I believe he is "all that" in his mind. Do not believe that he understands "all" and the other pups don't.

Also believe this . . . . the posts that ogredawg has made, make a lot of sense. He does not believe in Mike Bobo and that is understandable, especially after as you say, getting the ball on Swann's interception and what . . . . ?

Someone else said in this thread and have read it elsewhere . . . . Pruitt and Bobo were not around for "coach speak". I can take that two ways. (1) Both are embarrassed and (2) Both are embarrassed.

Anyone that believes that practice next week will be butt kicking, don't think so. My guess would be that there will be a "lot" of film study. grantham liked to scream, do not think that is Pruitt/Rocker and Company's way of correcting play on the field. I sincerely hope that is the route the coaches will take.

Sometimes a good butt whipping has a way of getting players attention.

From what I have seen on film thus far, our problem is "covering" for the defensive backfield, and allow me this, our linebackers.

I sincerely hope that we continue to play many, only way to breakout of this "funk" that we are in.

Spurrier said in his presser after the game . . . . Winning games in the SEC are special, "some games are more special than others". Not sure that "Bobby Bowden Two (2)" has an understanding of that. One of the reasons that Bobby Bowden was released, he got too wrapped up in "family and friends". Will get you fired by those that want to "win". Jimbo Fisher did just that, and did it while on Bobby Bowden's staff. Those in FSU's "Group" did what our "Group" will never do. They (FSU) understood that Bobby Bowden's time was over.

Buc, if this was Swann's first game of having covering issues I wouldn't be calling his name out, a busted coverage happens from time to time. However, last season teams picked on him all game long, South Carolina did the exact same thing. Other teams will do the same thing if our pass rush becomes a non factor like it was in this game.

We've said it time and time again on this board, you more than others, a team is only as good as the offensive and defensive lines, seems the "coaches" that lead this team will NEVER understand that concept.

And Richt is a clone of Bowden, no doubt in my mind at this point in time, but he will win enough games to keep his job.

I would also appreciate it if anyone can post a link to Bobo's and Pruit's post game questions, whenever they decide to talk to the media.

Steve, I would post more, but Richt has sucked Georgia football dry for me. Don't get me wrong, I watch every game, no matter who we play, but I cannot support a coaching staff that always chokes, always finds ways to lose, always plays not to win, always has questionable play calling decsions. We are a better team than Spurrier's chickens, yet we still lost. it has taken its toll on me..

I fully expect us to lose at least 2 maybe 3 more games.

Missouri and Auburn will give us fits, Florida and Kentucky can both beat us as well if our defense doesn't do a complete 180.

I will never forget the Vandy loss last year, that completely did it in for me with this coaching staff.

That loss hurt more than watching us get destroyed by Tennessee in 07 IMO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds