Forum

South Carolina Game Day thread

9 years 8 months ago #62578 by growl
Replied by growl on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
Dont forget Kentucky they gave Florida all they could handle.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #62579 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread

ogredawg wrote: I said we would win going away by 18 points and we should have. How wrong I was thinking that this coaching staff had finally arrived and was ready for the big stage.

SBR the O players did perform but the coaches did not, you say "execution" was not and that my friend falls on the coaches. You play to your strengths which is #3 not to your weaknesses which is #14. That call was plain stoopid with the game on the line and in the past years the play would of been checked off. Yes every one expected #3 to get the ball and he SHOULD have.

I too, was willing to believe....Silly Me!....

Anyone remember the last time we tried that roll out....I do....and we lost that game too!......Sad, but all too familiar chapter that is a CMR program......Suffice to say the Kool-Aid box I bought now resides in the trash....along side any hope of seeing Atl, or the final four.....

Mediocrity,......seconds anyone?

Go Dawgs!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, ogredawg

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #62580 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic South Carolina Game Day thread

dawgs_fans_dad wrote:

ogredawg wrote: ugathomasbrown.wordpress.com/

all I can say about this is truth:

ugathomasbrown.wordpress.com/

some may not like what he has to say but like Steve said it is what it is

Guy must be a joy to watch the games with.

Sorry for jinxing the Special Teams. Should have never hit "Submit". Another key play that is getting lost in the shuffle is the 42 yard kickoff return at 31-28 when #15 didn't hold the edge. Bad play at a bad time.

The film room won't be for the faint hearted this week.

dawgs_fans_dad, that one play as you note had everyone here shouting to the roof top.

Also, DAWGtm's post about the pregame rituals by the two coaches . . . . spot on.

As has been said here more than once by kentdaddy . . . . the team takes on Richt's way of coaching . . . . Another big discussion here in Florida not only about Spurrier's way of sideline coaching, almost every game other than ours, coaches (95%) act like Spurrier on the sideline. After watching the post game presser with Richt, not real thrilled with his attitude there either.

Over a long period of time on this board, the phrase of "Top Down" has been used, again it seems appropriate.

Earlier this month or August, mentioned that I thought Arkansas would be a handful. They will. Auburn, the way South Carolinas offensive line handled us, Auburn's line is "much better".

sflanagan21 has said more than once, prior to this game . . . . better prepare a quarterback for next season. Practice snaps one thing, game snaps another. Hutson Mason took practice snaps and did well, game snaps yesterday . . . . fill in the blank.

Believe this to be true. Most on this board wanted Georgia to be all that. After an 8-4 2013, anything had to be better. Might be looking at the same number. Kentucky, not a gimme. Florida, not a gimme. Tennessee, be careful, they are being coached by the likes of Spurrier and others with sideline and "locker room "attitudes".

Theus, enjoy your stay in Athens, you will not play NFL football. Not only the penalties, he seems to play not to get hurt. Lots of difference in high school football and SEC football. Left tackle, my butt.

Penalty call on Kublanow, mark one up for the "house". Play was several yards past where the "supposed" holding was called. Sometimes only takes one or two calls to change a game. On the other side of that coin, Gurley with the head butt, would expect that type of play from an ex-player, IC.

Personally tired of this cover two stuff. Was said here, want to beat the cover two, slants, square outs, back shoulder, and number of ways to gain yardage between the LOS and the defensive backs. Our problem seems to be not understanding "how" to keep the football in your face. Swann makes one great play and gives away several big yardage plays. Made a big play in Orlando against Nebraska, then came back in 2013 and was totally lost . . . . again.

Hurts but we are what we are. Mark Richt wipe that damn smile off of your face, many see that as a lack of skill in your bag.

ogredawg, not sure what you were saying to me about the defense and my support of the change of personnel, that includes Pruitt/Rocker and Company. More than willing to "discuss" that with you.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #62581 by Buc

ogredawg wrote: I said we would win going away by 18 points and we should have. How wrong I was thinking that this coaching staff had finally arrived and was ready for the big stage.

SBR the O players did perform but the coaches did not, you say "execution" was not and that my friend falls on the coaches. You play to your strengths which is #3 not to your weaknesses which is #14. That call was plain stoopid with the game on the line and in the past years the play would of been checked off. Yes every one expected #3 to get the ball and he SHOULD have.

Not the first time you and I have bought into the wanted change. Can recall several instances of us trying to get up off of the mat, seems almost futile sometimes. Like now.

Going to say this ogredawg and any others that read here. Yes Pruitt did very well coaching the FSU defense. Yes many of the players on the National Championship team were there prior to Pruitt becoming the defensive coordinator. Also know that he play several freshmen, mostly defensive backs of his recruiting efforts. He was chosen by Jimbo Fisher to take the defensive coordinators job.

Fast forward to Athens. Many changes were made in the "way" our team would be prepared. While we did find what I think to be a couple of very good defenders, one of them was a red shirt freshman that had been wounded in high school but has shown much promise. Could be that the "talent level" of the players in Athens was not the caliber of the FSU players. You go with what you have. First year here for Pruitt/Rocker and Company. By the way, have not heard Tracy Rocker's name mentioned here. How did that go? Their offensive line whipped our butts. Period.

Much can be said, willing. One thing I try to remember is . . . . coulda, shoulda, woulda.

More
9 years 8 months ago #62582 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread

Buc wrote:

dawgs_fans_dad wrote:

ogredawg wrote: ugathomasbrown.wordpress.com/

all I can say about this is truth:

ugathomasbrown.wordpress.com/

some may not like what he has to say but like Steve said it is what it is

Guy must be a joy to watch the games with.

Sorry for jinxing the Special Teams. Should have never hit "Submit". Another key play that is getting lost in the shuffle is the 42 yard kickoff return at 31-28 when #15 didn't hold the edge. Bad play at a bad time.

The film room won't be for the faint hearted this week.

dawgs_fans_dad, that one play as you note had everyone here shouting to the roof top.

Also, DAWGtm's post about the pregame rituals by the two coaches . . . . spot on.

As has been said here more than once by kentdaddy . . . . the team takes on Richt's way of coaching . . . . Another big discussion here in Florida not only about Spurrier's way of sideline coaching, almost every game other than ours, coaches (95%) act like Spurrier on the sideline. After watching the post game presser with Richt, not real thrilled with his attitude there either.

Over a long period of time on this board, the phrase of "Top Down" has been used, again it seems appropriate.

Earlier this month or August, mentioned that I thought Arkansas would be a handful. They will. Auburn, the way South Carolinas offensive line handled us, Auburn's line is "much better".

sflanagan21 has said more than once, prior to this game . . . . better prepare a quarterback for next season. Practice snaps one thing, game snaps another. Hutson Mason took practice snaps and did well, game snaps yesterday . . . . fill in the blank.

Believe this to be true. Most on this board wanted Georgia to be all that. After an 8-4 2013, anything had to be better. Might be looking at the same number. Kentucky, not a gimme. Florida, not a gimme. Tennessee, be careful, they are being coached by the likes of Spurrier and others with sideline and "locker room "attitudes".

Theus, enjoy your stay in Athens, you will not play NFL football. Not only the penalties, he seems to play not to get hurt. Lots of difference in high school football and SEC football. Left tackle, my butt.

Penalty call on Kublanow, mark one up for the "house". Play was several yards past where the "supposed" holding was called. Sometimes only takes one or two calls to change a game. On the other side of that coin, Gurley with the head butt, would expect that type of play from an ex-player, IC.

Personally tired of this cover two stuff. Was said here, want to beat the cover two, slants, square outs, back shoulder, and number of ways to gain yardage between the LOS and the defensive backs. Our problem seems to be not understanding "how" to keep the football in your face. Swann makes one great play and gives away several big yardage plays. Made a big play in Orlando against Nebraska, then came back in 2013 and was totally lost . . . . again.

Hurts but we are what we are. Mark Richt wipe that damn smile off of your face, many see that as a lack of skill in your bag.

ogredawg, not sure what you were saying to me about the defense and my support of the change of personnel, that includes Pruitt/Rocker and Company. More than willing to "discuss" that with you.

Buc all you have said over the last several months is how Pruitt/Rocker have changed the attitude and the way we play Defense at UGA. You put them both on a pedestal and continued to say how they were all that and how since they came on board how you have seen the "change" in CMR and how CMB and Pruitt were together in bringing about "change" to this team. I remained silent with the exception of Bobo. Rocker came on board and again he was put up on a pedestal and he was all that and he too was "changing" the defense and how this Team played as a whole team. No disrespect intended to you with the following words but you were the most adamant about how this team has "changed" with Pruitt/Rocker.

This game proved that there is no "change" in how we play or call plays. Granted Pruitt/Rocker are early in their tenure with UGA but this team stinks from the head down and I said from the beginning that when they brought Pruitt in that CMR and Bobo needed to go also.

thecountrynation.com

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #62583 by Buc
This "team stinks"?

You and I are again on a "different" page. There are individuals that are not SEC caliber at certain positions, but "stinks" is not a great choice of a word.

You are one that predicted the score in the South Carolina game. Appears to me that you had "bought into the hype" that Buc was spinning.

"All I have said over the past months" . . . . I know you read this board, words won't play here. Want to retrace your steps and mine about what has been talked about on this board? I have probably discussed 50 or so subjects that don't have a damn thing to do with Pruitt/Rocker and Company. Get consistent.

More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds