Forum

South Carolina Game Day thread

9 years 7 months ago #62642 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
When you roll out and a DE is standing there waiting on you.. it's a bad play call.

Even MR has owned up to that being a bad move.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62644 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
It's a naked boot so that DE is left unblocked intentionally and the RT blocks down, the DE would normally read that and then press down on the RT's hip. So in my opinion the DE played instinctively and put himself in a good position.

It was NOT a bad play call at all, it was actually a very good call, it was executed horribly by HM. Just watch the clip again and if you know anything about football then you will see what happened.

I still would not have made that call, it took big balls to make that call!

More
9 years 7 months ago #62646 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic South Carolina Game Day thread

sflanagan21 wrote: It's a naked boot so that DE is left unblocked intentionally and the RT blocks down, the DE would normally read that and then press down on the RT's hip. So in my opinion the DE played instinctively and put himself in a good position.

It was NOT a bad play call at all, it was actually a very good call, it was executed horribly by HM. Just watch the clip again and if you know anything about football then you will see what happened.

I still would not have made that call, it took big balls to make that call!

Hmmmmm.......guess he got castrated.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl, sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago #62655 by Wartdawg
I know exactly what the play was. Thanks.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62660 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
Whether you view the "nekkid bootleg" or "rollout" as a great play or a brain fart is irrelevant. Yes, HM soiled his panties prematurely...Yes, the play developed as it should have...The problem I have with this play is it's BlowBo's "GO TO" play....This was no P-44 Haynes dusted off from the playbook....Mikey uses THIS play with GREAT regularity and it didn't fool the no one player he hoped to fool....save Joe Cox!...So the entire argument for NOT using the best RB in the NATION is nothing more than a steaming pile of adult male bovine excrement!

The OC wanted a flashy, cute, heroic end....just like in the SECC and it accounted for zip on the scoreboard! Why in the world would you risk putting the game in the hands of a questionable game manager when the percentages are so much higher with TG?...

THAT'S CMR ball..............

GO DAWGS!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
9 years 7 months ago #62667 by Wartdawg
That's the whole point NC...

Players make plays or they don't, and Mason didn't.

Usually though... and I'm sure Saban and Spurrier would agree; at the most crucial moment you
want the ball in the hands of your best play maker.

At UGA however... we don't ball like that. We get cute and outsmart ourselves. Which is pretty easy because our coaches are not that hard to "outsmart".

God Bless and Go Dawgs

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds