Forum

South Carolina Game Day thread

9 years 7 months ago #62635 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
Really like Seth Emerson but he is again part of the media and it is his job to sugar coat certain things and he certainly sugar coated the stoopid play call by Bobo...

thecountrynation.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62636 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
wartdawg and dawgs fan dad, where did I say anything about AM's passes being spot on perfect or where did I compare any stats between the two, where did I overstate AM as a QB??? Nor was I comparing what both QB's did in their games against SC. I said in that certain situation AM would have made the play, AM would have made the throw and taken his hit, HM hit the panic button and punked out. One play comparison is what I put out there. But if we wanna starting pointing blame for that fiasco in SC in 12' then we can start with the freaking O line!

Oh and wartdawg if you don't think HM is a part of the problem at UGA then you and I are looking at two different QB'S!

More
9 years 7 months ago #62637 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
To be fair though... he does say "But sometimes that goes out the window when you have a talent like Gurley, and sometimes you can out-smart yourself." That's exactly what happened... took the ball out of the hands of Gurley and gave it to a still inexperienced QB on a naked bootleg...and apparently it was so suprising that the chickens new exactly what was coming and had a contain man in his face as soon as he started to roll... yeah.. we outsmarted no one except ourselves.

I once heard the road less travelled is less often less travelled for a good reason. In the big moment the ball shold be in the hands of your big players, and none are bigger than TG.

He also points out other coaching gaffaws like "Georgia also didn’t try much after the first drive to get the ball in space to its speediest players. Isaiah McKenzie and Sony Michel showed what they could do with it on the first two plays, but neither caught another pass after that."

Gee... we have so many weapons our coaches can't even remember to use them all.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62638 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
You are just assuming that AM would have been able to overcome a bad play call and stating it as if it's fact... it was a bad call and thinking AM wouldn't have had that ball tipped or something is wild speculation. HM never had a chance to make that play work and I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I know AM would have made it any different.

Again.. how many times did AM win at Columbia?.. or even play well?

Oh that's right.. never.

35 points put up by the Mason led offense with 3 top receivers (all of our down the field threats) out.

The problem with this game and UGA in general is we are led by Mark Richt and big game failure is imminent.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62640 by sflanagan21
It wasn't a bad play call it was executed horribly by a scared QB! And if he had a chance to get rid of the ball then he sure the hell had a chance to make the throw to a wide open QH. I'm not pretending AM would have made the throw, I know AM would have stood in there and took the hit to give his team and QH a chance!

Again skipper, I'm not comparing what AM has done against SC in Columbia! One play...

I could give a crap less how many points he put up or what his stats were or who he was missing, the end result was a LOSS! The fact is Dylan Thompson made the plays and HM did NOT!

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62641 by sflanagan21
I just watched that play about 5 more times and HM could have bought time make that play work, kid misread the D and hit the panic button!

More
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds