Forum

South Carolina Game Day thread

9 years 7 months ago #62672 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic South Carolina Game Day thread

Wartdawg wrote: I know exactly what the play was. Thanks.

wartdawg, I apologize if I rubbed you the wrong way my man it wasn't my intentions.

You see I'm not a HM fan and I never will be. I will stand firm behind saying this, he is NOT the smartest and he is for sure not the best QB on our roster! We can argue that or blame CMR all day for starting him but that's another topic. I'm no CMR or Bobo and I don't pretend to be but I have played the position since I was 5, played in two State Championships, I am currently a QB coach, I've been to many coaching clinics and I've been a player/student at the Manning Camp. Does that make me an expert, not even close or I wouldn't still be coaching at the HS level, but allow me this...

I have said all alone that I would have NOT called that play ever in any situation, not with a safe bet like Gulrey on my squad! But the fact is the play was called and as players it's our job to execute whatever play our OC calls, if HM didn't like the call then he could have checked out of it but he isn't smart enough to do that. So now its his job to run the play and give his team the best possible chance to make the play work, that's the job of the QB. HM had at least 2 seconds to either lead QH open with a pass or throw it out of the corner of the end zone, he did not execute his part in that play and that is a fact! NO QB is EVER coached to throw a ball at the defenders feet in a situation like that, NEVER! This isn't some freshman or sophomore or even junior, no he is a 5th year senior, there is NO excuse for what he did in that situation! I'm NOT ever going to give him a pass for what he did, he was as much of the reason why we lost that game as anybody was on Sat!

If the DE bites for one second on the fake toss sweep then the play more than likely develops we score and NO one would be second guessing Bobo on this call, if Bobo runs it up the middle with Gurley 4 times in a row and we get stuffed then Bobo is an idiot for calling such obvious plays. That play that was called was risky in my opinion but it has a high percentage of working especially when the entire WORLD expects you to give the ball to Gurley! At the LEAST all HM had to do was throw it out of play to the corner of the end zone like he has been coached to do since HS and we are sitting at 2nd and goal and then we give it to Gurley. But he panicked and threw at at the defender and put his team in an F-d up situation. Folks I will never see it any other way, HM made a stupid decision in a very critical situation and it costs us BIG time. And unless he gets hurt then we are stuck with this QB for the remainder of the season, strap in because it's going to be a rough ride...

Alright so I'm being hard on HM, is it fair, probably not. CMR has made the decision to start him so we all have to live with it. I'm just bitter as an athlete that he didn't do his job as the QB of his team.

I've beaten this dead horse enough, sorry for the rant...
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62673 by sflanagan21

NC_Dawg wrote: Whether you view the "nekkid bootleg" or "rollout" as a great play or a brain fart is irrelevant. Yes, HM soiled his panties prematurely...Yes, the play developed as it should have...The problem I have with this play is it's BlowBo's "GO TO" play....This was no P-44 Haynes dusted off from the playbook....Mikey uses THIS play with GREAT regularity and it didn't fool the no one player he hoped to fool....save Joe Cox!...So the entire argument for NOT using the best RB in the NATION is nothing more than a steaming pile of adult male bovine excrement!

The OC wanted a flashy, cute, heroic end....just like in the SECC and it accounted for zip on the scoreboard! Why in the world would you risk putting the game in the hands of a questionable game manager when the percentages are so much higher with TG?...

THAT'S CMR ball..............

GO DAWGS!!!

You're a 100% right! But all HM had to do was throw it out of play and not at the defenders feet...

More
9 years 7 months ago #62679 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
If Mason's not the right man, then it still falls squarely on the shoulders of Richt for
annointing him as the leader.

Even if he is good enough.... the better call from the 4 yard line is to give the ball to
Gurley, the player many think is the best player in the country. I don't care if AM was
back there again this season. 1st and goal from the 4 with a Heisman front runner in the
backfield who has averaged 6.6 yards per carry in the game...he is going to get the ball.

That's my point.

Yes Mason should have made a better decision.. that is true. No argument there.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago #62680 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread

Wartdawg wrote: If Mason's not the right man, then it still falls squarely on the shoulders of Richt for
annointing him as the leader.

Even if he is good enough.... the better call from the 4 yard line is to give the ball to
Gurley, the player many think is the best player in the country. I don't care if AM was
back there again this season. 1st and goal from the 4 with a Heisman front runner in the
backfield who has averaged 6.6 yards per carry in the game...he is going to get the ball.

That's my point.

Yes Mason should have made a better decision.. that is true. No argument there.

JT3RD was not the right man....Cox was not the right man...hell even years ago Belue was not the right man but he had Herschel just like HM has #3...but you have to use what you have correctly and VD did just that...CMR and Bobo will not or refuse to use THE playmakers correctly been shown over and over and over again...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC_Dawg, Buc, sflanagan21

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62683 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic South Carolina Game Day thread

sflanagan21 wrote:

Alright so I'm being hard on HM, is it fair, probably not.

Actually, it sounds personal.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62686 by sflanagan21

dawgs_fans_dad wrote:

sflanagan21 wrote:

Alright so I'm being hard on HM, is it fair, probably not.

Actually, it sounds personal.

Call it what ya want...

More
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds