Forum

South Carolina Game Day thread

9 years 7 months ago #62601 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
People can say what they want about our D, but at a crucial moment thy came up big and handed the ball and a possible victory over to our offense at the SC 6 yard line.

Enter MR and our offense led by Bobo... 1st and goal.. 6 yard line with one of the nations best bruising runners at our disposal and we try... whatever that was we tried. Then of course we maul a short field goal attempt, and follow that up with some patented clock mismanagement and lose the game.

Well... we're in pretty familiar territory. Early in the season and we are already saddled with a defeat. As often is the case it comes at the hands of the ole ball sack who proves again he pretty much owns MR.

Some are jumping all over the D, but we knew they lost a lot in the offseason and it was an O that turned 2 turnovers into a whopping 3 points including the debacle at the 6 that hurt the most. We were there in the end with he ball in their hand and a chance. This years story is so similar to other years.. Now ask yourself what do all of those years have in common.

The answer is Mark Richt. The man whose teams never seem to quite "finish the drill".

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62602 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
Went back and read the entire game day thread on Clemson. Encouraged to read what all had to say in that thread. Did not pick and choose, read everyones comments. Sorry to say, sounds like Georgia Football comments year after year, from everyone.

Clemson Game Day Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 7 months ago #62603 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
Just to be clear... even though I chunked some blame at our O's failure at a crucial moment, I do understand completely that our D didn't show up at all and yes the offense was responsible for keeping us in there....

That level of fail though with the lead in sight... less than 7 yards..
It's just so... frustrating.... and typical.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62604 by Rdawg
Replied by Rdawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
Bingo, Wartdawg. It's hard to blame the D or the QB since they are both fresh and time and leniency should be given to them for lack of experience on the field. Who we need to look at are the people who have been here for over a complete 4 year cycle, the ones who continue to repeat the mistakes of the past. We know who they are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62606 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
With WD completely that "frustration" is the key word when we probably felt we were out of it then having a chance to pull it out is......frustrating.

If we had scored I still wouldn't have bet my house with 4 minutes to go with our secondary.

Here's a hypothetical question.....with no over the top analysis, if you were guaranteed 35 points for all 12 regular season games, would you take it??

I'll start.....yes, in a NY second. You should be able to put a good enough D on the field to win with that number.

Our D is bad but am willing to see how it plays out with Pruitt/Rocker. Pruitt doesn't have his players yet.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62607 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
:dry: Haven't been on in awhile, probably won't get back on until major changes in Athens take place.

Last year put me down in the dumps, jury is still out on this year.

Defense was the problem, sure we can look at it that we had a chance to win and bobo screwed us, but our secondary once again made us look like we were playing against peyton manning.
THAT BEING SAID:

Last series play calling on offense was a joke, best back in the country and you run him 4 times, go for the win not the tie. Gurley makes plays period.

Not ready to throw Pruitt under the bus either, wasn't expecting any miracles, will judge him once he gets his own guys.

All in all, when you score 35, you should win the game.

When you have the best player in the country you give him the ball, you don't get cute and try something complicated. You put the big boys in and you run the dangum ball right down their throats.

Oh, and Damian swann I know you got a pick and all that, but you got burned all night.

Both sides of the ball are responsible but IMHO the defense was more to blame, secondary is extremely weak, and SC offensive line owned our defensive line.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, Rdawg

More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds