Forum

South Carolina Game Day thread

9 years 7 months ago #62585 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
Here's richt telling the story of how he and the ballsack got their jobs. For artistic purposes, in this clip, the ballsack will be referred to as "Red".

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62586 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread

Buc wrote: This "team stinks"?

You and I are again on a "different" page. There are individuals that are not SEC caliber at certain positions, but "stinks" is not a great choice of a word.

You are one that predicted the score in the South Carolina game. Appears to me that you had "bought into the hype" that Buc was spinning.

"All I have said over the past months" . . . . I know you read this board, words won't play here. Want to retrace your steps and mine about what has been talked about on this board? I have probably discussed 50 or so subjects that don't have a damn thing to do with Pruitt/Rocker and Company. Get consistent.

Did not buy into any "hype". If you READ I said IF(with capital letters)in my opening statement so don't twist my words Buc. We are a better team than Carolina just out coached once again. Let me rephrase and say this coaching staff stinks from the head down...all better now...and keep spinning your "hype" about how Pruitt/Rocker have changed CMR and CMB to one for all. Pruitt has won with other coaches players and until he proves other wise he is just another grantham.

Carolina Offense made our D look like a bunch of high school players out there but Pruitt recruited a bunch of Freshman and won at FSU is pure and utter BS...another excuse to use...FSU is in the ACC...this is the SEC a totally different brand of Football. Sick of the excuses win or leave is now my motto and CMR and CMB need to leave...

Sorry Steve but this is a bitter pill to swallow when we get out coached once again on BOTH sides of the ball...when we have better talent and players than Carolina...tired of the spin on how Pruitt and Rocker and the rest of the D coaches are the saviors of UGA Football...

thecountrynation.com

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62590 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
We were out coached and played.

We all speculated and it didn't happen. IMHO the team and coaches have not yet formed an cohesive team infrastructure when under enormous pressure. I think that is all that went wrong. The coaches are the leaders. They are smart guys and learn from experience. I am hopeful they will figure out and regroup. Otherwise I might convert to the new head coach needed now movement.

Chalk up another one for the old Ball Sack.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62591 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
Oredawg Here is hoping that our team will get better. Thanks for the "coaching lesson". "IF" is a very "big word" and can be used in a variety of ways. Some are better at it than others.

You entered my board name, trying to express how I feel about certain situations. Take care of yourself, worry less about trying to play word games.

You think that the defensive coaching staff has fallen into a deep hole, might be. Guess what? They will return next game, next season, contract for Jeremy Pruitt is for three years. You call that putting him on a pedestal, I call that believing he is much better than you describe. Rocker, much respected in the coaching ranks. Did well at Auburn. Did well in the NFL, both playing and coaching. Sometimes we don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Patience can be a "virtue".

Again you said . . . .

Buc all you have said over the last several months is how Pruitt/Rocker have changed the attitude and the way we play Defense at UGA. You put them both on a pedestal and continued to say how they were all that and how since they came on board how you have seen the "change" in CMR and how CMB and Pruitt were together in bringing about "change" to this team. I remained silent with the exception of Bobo. Rocker came on board and again he was put up on a pedestal and he was all that and he too was "changing" the defense and how this Team played as a whole team. No disrespect intended to you with the following words but you were the most adamant about how this team has "changed" with Pruitt/Rocker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, ogredawg

More
9 years 7 months ago #62593 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
We have played 2 games with at least 10 to go

Nobody on this board picked USC to my knowledge that posted the final score

So we all see my friday post bought the bridge

TAM was not that good and USC was not that bad

Not hearing any calls here in Athens to bring the Towel Back

Team lost guys ...which includes the coaches.......

As far as Obama over 4 million registered Republican voters stayed home rather than vote for

Romney.... funny they are the same people complaining the loudest now

We can rollover and stick 4 paws in the air or as Steve correctly noted regroup

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DAWGtm

More
9 years 7 months ago #62594 by growl
Replied by growl on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
WEll I have been a Dawg from the time I was old enough to say Dawg and this is the first time I have been brought to this point. There were times when we were not a good team and won games we should not have, and as we all know,vice versa,but this is the first time that I can say that I'm at the point of feeling that this team is lost. The reason they are lost, in my opinion is the Head Coach, or non motivator for lack of better words. I honestly feel that he alone is the main reason for this debacle and is blind to the fact that he needs to move on or at least place blame on the shoulders of those at the root of the problem. I have not had a lot to say about MB but can place the the loss of this game squarely in his lap. Sure the defense did'nt have a good game by any stretch of the imagination, but, they were on the field way too long,however no excuse for the lack of coverage or the poor DL play. The gist of my frustration though is the failure,once again, to use the right tools at your disposal for the right job. Its evident to me that MB lost sight of the big picture,WIN THE GAME, not experiment with a surprise to get the job done. No one was surprised, we knew someone on the coaches staff would find a way to screw it up. I'm tired of this crap.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds