Forum

South Carolina Game Day thread

9 years 7 months ago #62595 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
Last thing I will say on this matter and move on to Troy is I don't really like the fact that Bobo and Pruitt refused to speak to the media after the game. Man up and say you screwed up or move on somewhere else. Don't run and hide like a bunch of elementary school kids...come out and at least say how you are going to FIX the problems...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62596 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
People can say what they want about our D, but at a crucial moment thy came up big and handed the ball and a possible victory over to our offense at the SC 6 yard line.

Enter MR and our offense led by Bobo... 1st and goal.. 6 yard line with one of the nations best bruising runners at our disposal and we try... whatever that was we tried. Then of course we maul a short field goal attempt, and follow that up with some patented clock mismanagement and lose the game.

Well... we're in pretty familiar territory. Early in the season and we are already saddled with a defeat. As often is the case it comes at the hands of the ole ball sack who proves again he pretty much owns MR.

Some are jumping all over the D, but we knew they lost a lot in the offseason and it was an O that turned 2 turnovers into a whopping 3 points including the debacle at the 6 that hurt the most. We were there in the end with he ball in their hand and a chance. This years story is so similar to other years.. Now ask yourself what do all of those years have in common.

The answer is Mark Richt. The man whose teams never seem to quite "finish the drill".

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, bulldawg36869, growl

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62597 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread

Wartdawg wrote: People can say what they want about our D, but at a crucial moment thy came up big and handed the ball and a possible victory over to our offense at the SC 6 yard line.

Enter MR and our offense led by Bobo... 1st and goal.. 6 yard line with one of the nations best bruising runners at our disposal and we try... whatever that was we tried. Then of course we maul a short field goal attempt, and follow that up with some patented clock mismanagement and lose the game.

Well... we're in pretty familiar territory. Early in the season and we are already saddled with a defeat. As often is the case it comes at the hands of the ole ball sack who proves again he pretty much owns MR.

Some are jumping all over the D, but we knew they lost a lot in the offseason and it was an O that turned 2 turnovers into a whopping 3 points including the debacle at the 6 that hurt the most. We were there in the end with he ball in their hand and a chance. This years story is so similar to other years.. Now ask yourself what do all of those years have in common.

The answer is Mark Richt. The man whose teams never seem to quite "finish the drill".

last thing I promise...it was the D that gave up FOUR(4) 75 YARD DRIVES (28 points)...so equal blame goes to BOTH sides of the ball...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DAWGtm

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62598 by growl
Replied by growl on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
AMEN,Wartdawg

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62599 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
I waited to sleep on it overnight instead of sticking MY foot in my mouth when disappointed. Also wanted to read all the posts while getting most of what I expected to read.

Few things for me:

1. 35 points with one TG TD called back and two FG's missed from arguably the best kicker in the SEC should be PLENTY of offense to win the game. ALTHOUGH, I would have run TG at the 4 as well, if you remember, the last TD prior was a play action pass to Rome which I'm sure at the time we all thought was a good call.....simply because it WORKED.....the whole world knew TG was going to get the ball.

2. Out coached? SOS didn't have to really do any coaching, all he had to do was send in pass plays to run. Our D secondary is the worst in D1 football. Imo SOS actually called a bad game. If I were him I would have told my RB's to go get dressed and thrown the ball on every play.....I'm actually thankful to SOS for running the ball, he could have scored 60 on our DB's.

3. So easy to blame CMR/Bobo as always but this one is squarely on the D.....pathetic. I could have rounded up my buddies and thrown for 200 yards on them.....again, pathetic....never seen WR's so wide open, pitch and catch.....again pathetic and thank you SOS for running the ball.

4. Thought the kids played hard, never quit, never gave up to the end.....wasn't that a prerequisite with all of us about some of our expectations?? Seen a few times in the past when they quit......remember?

5. For me....I'm not wasting my time with paralysis of analysis.....our offense is fine, the D lost this game and it could have been worse if SOS threw it more.

All this said.....I still think we will win the East.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 7 months ago #62600 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
Just pissed why not run Gurley that's all I have to say.
Good post growl

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds