Forum

South Carolina Game Day thread

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62628 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
I'm not going to say it was a "bad call" by CMB because it's his job as the OC to try to out think their DC and to score points, that similar play had worked earlier to JR. The play was executed "almost" perfectly, at least 8 of their guys bit hard on the fake toss to TG, CC did his job on the crack block and QH was wide open, one guy failed on his execution and that was HM. The kid got scared and threw the ball at the DE's feet, man up HM make the throw to QH and take the hit like a football player. It wasn't a "bad call" but the wrong call with HM! Now would have I made that call, HECK NO! I like my chances with TG as they're pretty solid and "safe"...

Our secondary was a mirror image of the last 3 years and for the most part our entire D looked like they were second guessing too much, hell I was looking for Grantahm on the sidelines a few times. I'm not sure why DS is still getting starting time, I've heard that both MP and JJ.G look better than DS. And is Fenteng still injured? We have to make some BIG changes in our secondary or it's going to be another long season. We have time to get better on D and I truly believe we will, CJP is a winner and a gamer, he will adjust believe that!

I'm gonna end it with this: I really hope that CMR and CMB learned a BIG lesson this weekend. HM is no Aaron Murray, that play would have worked with AM at the helm because that kid is a baller and a real football player! AM would have thrown that ball to QH and taken his hit like the MAN he is! Let's NEVER EVER put the game in the hands of HM again! I've said it before and I will say it again, HM should only be ask to manage the game and not try to win it. One more thought, is FB that far behind HM? I can go on and on about HM and how he made some stupid decisions throwing the ball on Sat. Just watch the game again and you will see several forced throws and some very bad reads on HM. If we are going to stick with him then let's just remember who he is, that's all...
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62629 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
The last time Aaron Murray played in Columbia he was 11-31 for 109 and 'dawgs "fans" egged his house. He was a DGD, but let's not overstate what he was as a QB and what he did in big games.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62630 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
Before you throw HM under the bus... read what Dawgs fans dad just noted about Murray's last trip to Columbia.

11-31 for 109 with a house egging after a much worse defeat. I guess all of AM's passes were spot on perfect during that fiasco.

This team Qb'd by Mason put 35 up... he played the game pretty well. I don't get why everyone
now wants to diss the guy... that's not the problem with UGA.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62631 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
Well speaking of HM can someone clarify intentional grounding, maybe the rule has been changed but I was under the impression that if the ball hits anyone intentional grounding can't be called.

I thought the ball clearly hit the South Carolina defender in the leg...

With that being said don't think that call was a big reason why we lost, the play call was dumb IMO. The one that hurt us was the phantom holding call.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62632 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Right Back Where It Started...........
Great write up by Seth Emerson: MASH HERE !!!!!

Plenty of shared responsibility to go around. IMVHO, it was the cumulative "charlie-foxtrot" that led to our demise. Fact is, most of us bit on the vaulted effort against Klumpsin'; myself included, when the reality never really changed. We are an 8-4, perhaps 9-3 team and it took the smugness of Darth Visor to clarify our perspective. The season is still young, the SECE is still wide open with no clear front runner...We're not out of the running, but we'll need to improve VASTLY if we manage to make it to Atl...

Focus Troy.....

Go Dawgs!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
9 years 7 months ago #62634 by growl
Replied by growl on topic South Carolina Game Day thread
I don't know how we keep rehashing the call or the results, we still have the best player in College Football and did'nt use him. There were two people involved in making the call and it was still called, even when one admits it was the wrong call and he would not do it again. Sorry but there are no redos and thinking about it later is just too late. Like has been said earlier its become the norm for UGA.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds