Forum

So what is it going to be

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #59478 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic So what is it going to be
Buc from what I've read Bauta is running the read option and some other plays with first string.

I'm pretty sure you already new this. ;)

Bobo running a fast paced offense and my man Gurley is giving it 110 PERCENT.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 month ago #59480 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic So what is it going to be
Actually did not know that Faton was running the read option. Knew he was getting some snaps, which I think is real smart, whether he gets to play or not.

If I am Hutson Mason, not sure that I am a totally dedicated player when it comes to "sharing" playing time. There will be a decision to be made "if" questions arise to wins and losses. This is where "leadership" takes over. Hutson has been around for a loooooong time, probably has built a rapport with many of his teammates. My biggest concern for Hutson as we speak, the offensive line. Hutson is a pocket passer, has practiced that way for his entire stay at UGA.

While I am a supporter of Faton Bauta, I also support Hutson Mason. Which of the two do I think is the better quarterback? Going to find out before mid-season.

One thing in Faton's favor is his "wheels". Many that don't know much about Faton think that is all he has. Not true, has a very good arm, can rollout and throw with accuracy.

DWS, like the idea of having players "pushing" each other. Much like Pruitt has described for the players on the defense. He has looked at many feet of tape, now he is on the field with them. Really like the description of his defense . . . . said his defense has 7 defensive ends. FSU did and we witnessed what happened in Tallahassee.

Sorry, talking quarterbacks and here I am "gushing" over Pruitt. I am so glad to "finally" see someone that is a teacher and reminds me of "Erk".

More
10 years 1 month ago #59482 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic So what is it going to be
Buc I'm with you own Pruitt they say Herria is running the defense he letting guys play that's what spring is for too see what you have.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 month ago #59483 by Buc
Dawg With Style, Pruitt letting Amarlo Herrera run the defense, making the calls, that is what Pruitt said he was going to do this Spring. Let the players do and play the way they want to or where they think they are most qualified. Does not take too long for the "qualified coach" to determine what "will be".

This in my opinion is Pruitt's way of finding out, making his mind up as to whether or not Amarlo Herrera should do that. Smart football coaching. Takes the monkey off of Pruitt's back and places the responsibility on Herrera. Beginning to see some of the Saban influence in Athens. Appears Pruitt is a stand up guy.

Another question that will soon be answered is the one concerning Tray Matthews. From where I sit, believe he has lost his job. When I look closely at last season, Tray Matthews did not contribute as much as the media hype would have us believe. There is someone in Athens right now that will make the Tray Matthews conversation become mute. Pruitt is not building his or Georgia's future on Tray Matthews. Matthews strength was his "strength". There are others that have that "strength". Big hits more often than not come from "lining up the angle" to lay the lumber. Often blindside hits that get the oohs and aahs.

Fall camp is going to be like no other in recent Georgia Football history. Those that want to play on Saturdays, take note from this recent garbage provided by the four involved. Richt cannot walk lightly with what is facing him with this group of . . . . won't use the word.

More
10 years 1 month ago #59487 by Buc
Have never heard this coming from Mark Richt in the 13 years that I have watched him as head coach. Jeremy Pruitt has had a definite effect on Mark Richt. That could be a good thing. More needed to change than just defensive coordinators to turn our program around.

This is going to be interesting to watch. Mark Richt is no different than the players on campus. Players needed someone to come in like Pruitt and set the ground rules. Mark Richt should have done the same many years back, and applied the same rules of participation to himself. JMHO.

Think this must be what you were referring to Dawg With Style. :)

dogbytesonline.com/coaches-want-backups-...starter-mason-82436/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
10 years 1 month ago #59488 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic So what is it going to be
Good article.....thanks.

There has been talk on this board about his comments toward Bauta (and other QB's) addressing the fact that HM is much further ahead mentally.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds