Forum

So what is it going to be

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #59528 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic So what is it going to be
Could not resist. Pulled this from Pouty's comments.

Chip, do you realize how many of your posts are you crying about not being invited to the party? How about working on your relationship skills and who knows just maybe the not welcome sign would be replaced with a welcome sign. Perhaps the other schools that you mentioned that have open practices actually have reports who work hard to cover the teams is somewhat of a positive light and not taking an adversarial stand on the majority of stories.

As an alum of UGA, which I believe you are too, and having been in the working world for thirty years I realize that I have to work to build sold relationships to get positive results. Get the chip off your should and do your job.

Thin skin, called out?
Leading statement from the author . . . . Not zero, VERY FEW. WOW, JUST WOW!
Very few of my posts are "crying" about access.

Nuff said . . . . Love Friday afternoons like this . . . . :woohoo:

ChipTowers 5ptsFeatured
19 hours ago@Bulldog-1984 Very few of my posts are "crying" about access. You should be able to read the last 50 blogs right here on the wite. Check 'em out and get back to me on that. .

And I'm not crying about it now. Simply telling it like it is. UGA is a public institution and yes I attended school there. And lack of access is a losing proposition for everybody, starting with you, the public. How people don't get that I don't understand. But I'm not complaining. Just flat out explaining why my observations of what certain players might look like and how the defense is responding to the new coaches' transitions might be a limited. As far as access to players and the chances to interview, not complaining at all. UGA is the best in the business.

Then we "suck up" (Pouty) . . . . UGA is the best in the business. Pouty, you need the University of Georgia for copy, they don't need you. I said that.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #59529 by Buc

wlayton wrote: Buc, don't you just love that!!!

You are right....quit pouting.

UGA should have done this years ago.

Thanks for the article Buc.

wlayton, I bark a lot, no pun intended.

I, not unlike you, want the best for the University of Georgia. Could care less if Pouty is a graduate of UGA. He has played the media game for some time, head swells and it takes something or someone like Pruitt or whomever to knock the damn legs from beneath him.

I say this. If Jeremy Pruitt falls flat on his face, he has accomplished one thing that left when Erk moved to Statesboro. He is bringing a sense of pride back to those of us that have wanted leadership for many years. You and I are not that far apart in age, and sometimes, thoughts.

Sometimes folks get too damn big for their "britches". Said that also.

Too many of the beat writers rely on certain times of the year for copy. Never should any of us forget this . . . . they are privy to "chatter". It is not that they "understand football", they understand "clicks" on their sites. I prefer to come to this site to "click". Said that. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Dawg With Style

More
10 years 1 month ago #59530 by Buc
Some might want to remember this if you are not aware. Not being a "smarty pants" have been where some of these folks are now.

Some sites have "hidden supporters" that carry the water for those writing the articles. Truth. Sometimes one never knows what is involved with "names". Believe me, it is easy to "plant" supporters and make that "click meter" go fast forward. Nothing new, has been going on since the beginning of the internet and before that, many of the mullet wrappers.

I read more knowledgable football talk here (not always) than I can get reading many sites that are available and some of those are pay for view. That is not, I promise you anything more than the truth. Have been invited to go elsewhere, have said that before. Choose not to, comfortable with those that post here a lot and those that chirp once in a while.

Sometimes I am befuddled when I look at the members list here and wonder why they don't post. Some shy away because they have never "jumped in". Spit, come on in, the water is fine.

There I go again. Get to my age, have to get it "all out" . . . . who knows what tomorrow brings. :)

If you post here, you know what I am talking about.

Remember this . . . . After Spring Football, it is a long distance until the Fall Football practice starts. This board works because folks like us "chatter" . . . . without "press passes". Get my flow?

Pruitt, keep it up, we needed Alabama Football in Athens, Georgia. Rock, really glad that you are a part of UGA Football. The defensive line is going to be better than many would ever expect. Not one year, 2014, more to follow.

Duck, I think I see something good going on . . . . you? :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
10 years 1 month ago #59532 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic So what is it going to be

wlayton wrote: Hmmm.....you know WD, truth be known, we can only assume etc because we don't "really" know what goes on behind scenes, closed practices, meetings, dealings, promises, disciplines, conversations, strategies, recruiting decisions, one on one's etc etc.....but it IS fun to speculate and creates great forum chatter, huh?

Hey, it's Friday, bored at work, just having some fun.

Have a great weekend my friend.

Oh yeah buddy I totally agree..if we stop doing that we pretty much kill the Internet
message board business, lolol

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
10 years 1 month ago #59534 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic So what is it going to be
Oh and just for the record...

The closed practice-Chip stuff...

That was great...

and also just for the record.. it's not harming me one little bit, Chip. Trying to project it out on me to get me to feel slighted by the closed practices.... that dog don't hunt, Bubba

Suits me just fine... maybe they are trying to teach the kids something. I think there's a message being sent here... and I'm all for it.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, Dawg With Style

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #59535 by Buc
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

and also just for the record.. it's not harming me one little bit, Chip. Trying to project it out on me to get me to feel slighted by the closed practices.... that dog don't hunt, Bubba

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

This is one reason I post here. :)

More
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds