Forum

So what is it going to be

10 years 2 months ago #59374 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic So what is it going to be

yankeedawg1 wrote: Just a SWAG (scientific wild ass guess) that we show improvement and keep or increase fan interest

CJP & CMB will walk in to Mac's office and drop a set of plans on his desk for an indoor facility and say three words

Build It Now !!!! OR..... lose 5* recruits who want all the bing they can get

Just read this post yd1, was busy with my last post. Something does not meet the smell test my Brother.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #59375 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic So what is it going to be
Agree that there is a fish odor in the air. Wart's no excuses seems to fit. No problem coming up with 12mil for improvements on baseball field. Can we not do both?

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 2 months ago #59376 by Buc

yankeedawg1 wrote: Agree that there is a fish odor in the air. Wart's no excuses seems to fit. No problem coming up with 12mil for improvements on baseball field. Can we not do both?

What McGarity does not seem to wrap his arms around is the fact that the Golden Goose is the football program. Watch the blogs go nuts when Spring Football starts next week. Some cannot or "choose" not to see the forest for the trees. There are good "bean counters" and there are also the "others".

What really bothers me about much of this yd1 is the fact that it has been going on for ages. Truthfully, think that we have reached our level. There will be some good things, but we are and have been faced with situations like this for many years. Happened with Erk. All we have to do is check the coaches that came after Erk went to Statesboro. I know, will never get over that, too many true feelings for the man and the manner in which the group at that time treated him.

Many of us, especially the old timers have watched, many times with a tear in our eye.

Coach'em Up. :)

More
10 years 2 months ago #59377 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic So what is it going to be
Life is not fair. Erk was an example of doing all the right things and still was given

The shaft. He went and built at GS what he should have had the opportunity to do here in Athens. Sad

Along with the frustrations of our football team the lack of a face and name of who is

Calling the shots with our athletic programs provides a air of in deference as you have said

Has a foul smell

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 2 months ago #59378 by Buc
All or most of us really pull for our team to do well. Same will be expressed again this year yd1.

Spring will be different this year. I have no doubts that we will see Richt center stage. That is where he should be, he is the head coach. Again, don't wish him bad luck, if that is the case, means that I am also pulling the wrong way. yd1, have a simple wish this season and have said it a couple or maybe 100 times. Hope he stays out of the way. He has had 13 years, now going into his 14th to show us what he has to offer.

He had said before that he would work out the kinks on the Special Teams or put an effort in that area. Special Teams are going to be looked at closely because our new defensive coordinator knows and wants that to be fixed.

If Mark Richt will come to the table and be "honest" it will mean a lot more to me than hearing what he had to say about bellyachers like me that "supposedly" had never been in the arena. Can't get that remark out of my head. After high school, Mark Richt was a bench warmer. Truth. Both college and pros.

Heck, who knows, maybe Mark Richt, Head Coach at the University of Georgia will get us to the final four in 2014. Maybe he will shoot for more than winning the East and the SEC Championship. There is more than one coach in the SEC that have their eyes set on the final four, and have expressed such.

Coach'em Up . . . . :)

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #59379 by Buc
Lifted this comment from the Bill King spot on the internet this morning. Sounds a lot like what has been discussed here for some time. Much truth in the comment.

We have bodies on the o line. They are just “project” linemen that really were not top notch o linemen. This deficiency of the Richt era, whether real or imagined, really ticks off the alums with a memory beyond 10-15 years.
Len Haus, Royce Smith, Joel Parrish, Randy Johnson, Mike Wilson, tons and tons and tons of UGA O linemen that really were considered great in their era.

WHY does Richt not get serious ?This is the SEC and we all know that his NON PHYSICAL style of play is not getting the job done. What has he done in years as far as a major bowl and a SEC title?
He is on a really short leash this coming season.

Season ticket holder, UGA class of 71&73

Jeremy Foley and McGarity got together and decided to let Georgia wear Red Jerseys and Florida wear Blue Jerseys in the annual JAX game. Doing everything they can to keep the seats filled in the stadiums. M&M are on the way.

More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds