Forum

So what is it going to be

10 years 2 months ago #59368 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic So what is it going to be
yd1, have not checked the site this morning, will do that now. Just finished a early "Bloody Mary" heading to Bernie's now. "I Shall Return", have heard that somewhere . . . . :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #59369 by Buc
yankeedawg1, brought back some memories of days past. Seems to be final or bottom question as many conversations returns to "offensive line". Have expressed my concerns over and over.

Anyway, thought the link below might explain some of my feelings about offensive line play. Lombardi used it to become famous in Green Bay. Saban has done the same in Tuscaloosa. Lombardi and pulling guards, not sure we are at that point, being efficient is what I am trying to relate.

Jim Taylor and Todd Gurley are cut from the same mold, will/did run over you.

Coach'em Up! :)

www.pinterest.com/pin/260012578459317334/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
10 years 2 months ago #59370 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic So what is it going to be
I agree need the uglies up front. Like you CWF gets the bodies he will know what to do

Coach them them up plz pass the celery and black pepper

Spot on Taylor and TG run your butt over in a Tennessee second

Stay well friend. GO DAWGS!!!!!!

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #59371 by Buc
Now we see this coming out of Mississippi. Coach there is grooming some folks to run some of the same plays that Auburn ran successfully in 2013.

Big strong quarterback.

We have one of those in Athens . . . . Just saying. ;)

mississippi.scout.com/2/1381065.html

This is the "indoor practice facility" at Ole Miss . . . . Just saying. ;)

Think the #1 Defensive Player in the country mentioned this when he was visiting Auburn. Seems football is taken seriously by some that control the purse strings . . . . elsewhere. Just saying. ;)

What the heck . . . . we need an indoor facility because of bad weather or whatever, I suggest we load up and drive to the Falcon facility, right McGarity.

Lifted this paragraph from the article below.

"The Manning Center speaks a great deal to our donor support, our athletics tradition and the future of our program," said Athletics Director Ross Bjork. "I have been all over the nation, and this is one of the most impressive out there. We are excited about the numerous enhancements on the horizon, as the facility continues to serve as a tremendous recruiting asset for Ole Miss Athletics."

www.olemisssports.com/facilities/ole-fac...indoor-practice.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
10 years 2 months ago #59372 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic So what is it going to be
Just a SWAG (scientific wild ass guess) that we show improvement and keep or increase fan interest

CJP & CMB will walk in to Mac's office and drop a set of plans on his desk for an indoor facility and say three words

Build It Now !!!! OR..... lose 5* recruits who want all the bing they can get

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #59373 by Buc
yankeedawg1, trying really hard to call what "I" see and the way "I" see it.

Think at this point it is probably a stand off. There is much excitement surrounding our program. What I see there is what I have seen happen over many years.

Everyone on this board knows that we have been through "get'em next year". Not a damn thing wrong with that except . . . . we have been saying that for far too long. Not different than many others here, excited because I think there has been a "real change" in Athens.

This young pup Pruitt (I can say that) is going to end up stepping on a lot of toes. Not because that is what he wants to do, it is what he will do to move not only UGA's football program forward, will serve him well in the short run.

Example of discussing football coaches in the SEC. When Alabama is the subject, Saban's name comes up in a positive mode, unless someone is just a Bama hater. Smart's name is mentioned, but outside of that, how many on this board were "really" aware of Jeremy Pruitt?

When Auburn is being discussed now, Malzahn is the name we hear throughout the Auburn program. Little is said about their defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson.

Now we have a lot of "get'em next year" this year. Whose name is it that we hear? Our defensive coordinator, Jeremy Pruitt. Before Pruitt it was grantham. Point I am trying to make, why are we always running in reverse? Hope that makes sense to some.

Top coaches don't need to be saved by incoming coaches. When time is up, it becomes apparent in my mind that "time is up".

When any program is run from the top as ours is, only fair to expect to see more than a "hiring" to reignite the fan base.

Add this, who runs Alabama football? We know that Saban's raise this year anwsers that question.

Who runs Auburn football? Easy question.

Who runs Georgia football? McGarity, Richt or the Group? Any answers to that question?

Many boards are saying how great our defense is going to be. Who is responsible for that? Easy question to answer.

Who is in charge of giving raises to those that produce the most for UGA? When asking that question it is posed at McClendon and Bobo and the lack of recognition they receive, other than a title or business card.

Jeremy Foley, I am sure you placed a "plant" in our front office. :)

Going now and look at where Ole Miss stands dollar wise compared to the University of Georgia. They must have more than we do, they have an indoor facility, as do others on the rise in the SEC.

Seems I have heard a saying about the cart before the horse, McGarity. You supposedly called Richt on the carpet when you first arrived, maybe that was for show. New job, hot shot Athletic Director making an impression. Seem to remember you saying in that meeting that you told Richt whatever was needed and wanted you would take care of. You told him to coach football without all of the distractions. You seem to be the main distraction from where I sit.

Have posted this video before, will do it again. Trenton Thompson recently visited Auburn and said he was real impressed with their "indoor facility". Remember a young man that was committed to Georgia, then switched when Garner went to Auburn. Adams and Thompson were together and text each other often. McGarity, you don't have a damn clue, you are all about "look at me". Quite frankly, your time back on campus as Athletic Director has not impressed me. Will not be surprised when Trenton Thompson plays on the same defensive line with Montavious Adams. Just saying. :)

www.hudl.com/athlete/1866681/highlights/42463388

More
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds