Forum

So what is it going to be

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #59381 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic So what is it going to be
Interesting paragraph picked up from Marc Weizer's column . . . . Damian Swann on Jeremy Pruitt.

“We knew what he’s done in the past, we knew where he came from,” senior cornerback Damian Swann said. “He’s been at Alabama, he’s been at Florida State, he’s won national titles. He knows what it takes and he’s been a part of it. That made a lot of guys excited and a lot of guys were ready to get right back into football.”

Edit:

Then we get this from our head coach in the same article.

Added head coach Mark Richt: “You could have a great scheme and poor tactics, and you’re going to have no success. I’d rather have less of a scheme and more tactics and more fundamentals because I think we’ll have a better chance of winning. That’s what is happening right now.”

Is Richt speaking about the defense? Surely he has not applied his words to the offense over a long period. Playing folks on a promise, somehow that is not coaching to me.

Much has been said by many on this board and others about the "lack of creativity" coming from the offensive side. That did not start last season, been going on for a while.

Fundamentals like Special Team coaching. Quarterback spot given, not a "true" competition for the spot.

Listen fellows, I am only posting what our head coach and others are saying. Nothing wrong with that right?

One thing to preach it, another to live it and teach it. I said that.

Coach'em up!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #59382 by Buc
Had this question posed to me in a conversation.

Buc, Mark Richt has coached championship teams. What is the problem with what he is doing now?

Not being ugly. Yes, Mark Richt has certainly done that. He did that when he was not the head coach. Richt has been the "leader" in Athens going on his 14th year, have yet to see a National Championship to add to his list of accomplishments.

Some lead, some follow. Still, the conversation interests me, it is open dialogue between folks that are looking for answers.

Richt said in the Marc Weizer column . . . .

That’s what is happening right now.” Meaning change is coming and will be seen in 2014. I "guess" that is what he is saying. Sometimes he is very hard to follow. Guess I am getting too damn old, understanding gets harder, especially when there is not a clear or open path to what is being said. Richt is good at that.

Lots of folks watching closer in 2014 than maybe ever before, ever before in 14 years under the present command. Just saying.

Coach'em up! :)

More
10 years 2 months ago #59384 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic So what is it going to be
Quite rainy Sunday night in Athens. I agree that in 2014 there will be many more eyeballs on

What happens with our football team I for one did not think there was any chance of

Toddy moving on it was a complete surprise

Less talk about cmr's. Job

This does not mean IMO that there are not some who are holding him accountable

Mom always said it is always the calmest before the storm

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
10 years 1 month ago #59418 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic So what is it going to be
Reading these posts, I cannot help but think, bottom line, Richt's long term plans never change.
He is no longer, or maybe never was, a forward thinker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #59440 by Buc
There has been some conversation in this thread that questions some of McGarity's negotiating habits.

Starts off with leaving Mike Bobo below the scale that Pruitt is getting, saying only that Bobo's contract was extended to the year 2016. No additional raise was mentioned by McGarity that included the extension.

Now we have UGA in the NIT Basketball Tournament. Athletic Department says the first 500 students will get in free. Coach Fox steps up and says he will pay out of pocket for tickets to x number of students. Of course he wants the place packed, good for morale. So, along comes McGarity and the Athletic Department, with egg on his face and says all UGA students will be allowed in free.

I'm sorry folks, I did this one time before, feel it is needed again . . . .

McGarity has become an embarrassing Athletic Director. Wish he would do the same thing that grantham did . . . . leave.

Also failed to mention McClendon and what he has been and is still doing to bring recuits to Athens and dress them out in Red and Black.

www.sicemdawgs.com/2014/03/all-uga-stude...e-vermont-wednesday/
Attachments:

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #59441 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic So what is it going to be
Practice report:

After only one day CJP impressed Richt with how quickly the defense got lined up.
Gurley in a red Jersey.
M.M was in green Jersey but running at full speed.
Oneal played Olb.Can't wait to see him play.
B.Ramsey had a good showing.

Forgot the 4 dummies practice.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds