Forum

So what is it going to be

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #59196 by ogredawg
So what is it going to be was created by ogredawg
CMR has said Gurley will be limited in what he can do this spring. CMB has said he is going to push Gurley and needs him to LEAD. Well coaches which is it. Now is not the time to start stumbling and making excuses on the O side of the ball. Reminds me of the pre AM days when nothing but confusion was the norm on the O side of the ball. (sigh)

With that said we will now see if Theus is a Left Tackle, and if Hicks can learn to block, because we all know that Mason needs to have protection with his slow release and no legs...

On a good note the D seems fired up and happy. Time will tell...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 month ago #59197 by duck
Replied by duck on topic So what is it going to be
I really have no idea what to expect from this years team. I have come to expect that the offensive side will just do its thing, with the run and pass. It seems that over the past few years it was the D and ST that killed us. I want to believe that our new DC will make the changes and have the right players on the field wit the know how of what to do.

We have so much talent on both sides of the ball, our offence with the stable of good RB should just pound the ball if we can get the OL to come together and block. The OL seems to be the only down fall on the offensive side of the ball to me. I thing HM will do ok if he has time to find his receivers, for he is not a mobile QB. As I said earlier, if the OL will not block and HM get sacked or throws picks, don't believe CMR will replace him. I think no matter how terrible he may play in any certain game, CMR will stick with him. Its been known that CMR will not play the best players due to his loyalty.

Going on what has been said on this thread, can't help but get excited about our defense. The only problem, we were suppose the have a great D year before last, then last year, and we all know what happened. I do believe that Pruitt will be better than Grantham, like have a coach with college back rather than NFL.

Sure hope we fool a lot of people this year and play light out on all phases of the game and become a team that other teams fear to play.

Duck
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, averagedawg

More
10 years 1 month ago #59198 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic So what is it going to be
To be brutally honest, I rarely listen to Richt anymore.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 1 month ago #59200 by duck
Replied by duck on topic So what is it going to be
Have to agree averagedawg, sometimes I think CMR lives in a dream world. He is stubborn and does not like change or taking responsibility for being a coach that wants to win a championship. He has more excuses that carters have liver pills
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg

More
10 years 1 month ago #59201 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic So what is it going to be
Good to the point posts above.

After AM went down in 2013, what little bit of hope we had disappeared.

Think I said this some time back . . . . There seemed to be a cloud hanging over the heads of our football team last couple of years. Watched a couple of videos this morning that bear out something was not right.

No doubt that Richt and grantham had a conversation much sooner than we were led to believe.

Takes me back to the quick hiring of Jeremy Pruitt. Two days after grantham was gone, Pruitt was introduced. Not sure who is fooling who, however that had to happen much sooner than was released to us outside the arena.

Understand that everything cannot be released to the public, just don't like some of the methods I have see under our head coach. Mark Richt is a good "front man".

With the right coaches in Athens, can get away with that approach for a while. Think most of us know if Pruitt has any success, he is either a head coach in Athens or elsewhere, for sure.

If our defense performs anywhere close to what FSU's defense did in 2013, makes Pruitt that much "hotter" as a head coach. Indications are at this point, Pruitt not only can coach, he is one of the better recruiters in the Southeast. Pruitt loves SEC football, said so soon after arriving in Athens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
10 years 1 month ago #59203 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic So what is it going to be
Imo, Theus is NOT a LT......scary in fact.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds