Forum

So what is it going to be

10 years 1 month ago #59508 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic So what is it going to be
Richt will have to be dragged across the finish line.
Innovator is not his strong suit.
I go back to what I have said time and again.
CMR has a lazy streak, kind of like the teacher who uses the same tests, lectures, over and over again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #59510 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic So what is it going to be

averagedawg wrote: Richt will have to be dragged across the finish line.
Innovator is not his strong suit.
I go back to what I have said time and again.
CMR has a lazy streak, kind of like the teacher who uses the same tests, lectures, over and over again.

Truth. As many have also said, same plays, same formations, year after year for 13 years. 2014 will either prove or disprove the above.

More
10 years 1 month ago #59512 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic So what is it going to be

TN Dawg wrote: Want to go back to a comment Buc made, post #148, about the hits that get the "ooohs" and "aaaahs". Most seem to be hits above the waist, AKA targeting fouls. Until the rule is changed, I would rather see UGA's D put a shoulder in the belly and drive them to the ground. Seems like over the years have gotten away from tackling and prefer to bump them down or try to knock them off their feet.

Still don't understand if a targeting foul is called, reviewed, and overturned, why is yardage marked off? I must just be dense cause I haven't heard an explanation yet that I understand.

They changed that to no penalty in 2014 (at least that's my understanding)

PVBDAWG

More
10 years 1 month ago #59517 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic So what is it going to be

wlayton wrote:

TN Dawg wrote: Want to go back to a comment Buc made, post #148, about the hits that get the "ooohs" and "aaaahs". Most seem to be hits above the waist, AKA targeting fouls. Until the rule is changed, I would rather see UGA's D put a shoulder in the belly and drive them to the ground. Seems like over the years have gotten away from tackling and prefer to bump them down or try to knock them off their feet.

Still don't understand if a targeting foul is called, reviewed, and overturned, why is yardage marked off? I must just be dense cause I haven't heard an explanation yet that I understand.

They changed that to no penalty in 2014 (at least that's my understanding)

They did. If the targeting is overruled, the 15 yard penalty is overruled.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
10 years 1 month ago #59518 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic So what is it going to be

Buc wrote: Below is a video that I have watched and thought this might be a good time to post it here.

I have been open and vocal in my feelings about what I have seen and felt about Mark Richt. I have been both pro and con.

The reason I am posting this video is . . . . I hope that Mark Richt will remember the days that are shown in the video. Might be he did not get a "full blown chance" to be on the football field.

In my lifetime being associated with football, more than one time have I witnessed players not getting a "fair shake". Probably there are many that post here and those that come to read that have seen some of the same. Quite frankly, have seen some of that at Georgia. Some of that happened under grantham, but there have been other coaches in Athens that have done the same.

Richt has made an open statement that everyone on the offensive side of the ball will be given a "fair shake". I accept that as the truth. Yes I believe that Richt is more than aware of what he is seeing with the hiring of Jeremy Pruitt. Could very well be the "blessing" that he and all of us needed. Might not be, but the coach speak coming out of Athens has changed. We will see in the 2014 Season just how much of the coach speak was and is the truth.

Might be that some have watched this video, never hurts to take another look. :)

Having dealt with what MR dealt with as a player, you would think it wouldn't take CJP coming in to make him give every player on the roster an honest fair chance to win the job for their position.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
10 years 1 month ago #59520 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic So what is it going to be
Agree WD, but we don't really know.....you know? :woohoo:

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds