Forum

Chatting 2020

4 years 3 months ago #80795 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Chatting 2020
Didn't think Fromm would go pro... and I didn't see Cade Mays entering the transfer portal.

All of this puts a serious question mark over what caliber of team we will be in 2020 which includes a regular season matchup with Alabama.

I am really sort of shocked with Fromm leaving.. I only saw his draft stock rising if he came back because he is now selling low after this season.

It makes me wonder if he had questions moving forward about our offense that he didn't want to wait to find out the answers to..

What's really a bit sad is thinking back on the opportunities missed while Fromm was here. It was there for us and we just didn't take it.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SimpleDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #80796 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Chatting 2020
Unfortunately, I get the feeling the offensive players seem to get the impression that little is going to change in the scheme and therefore playing at UGA isn't going to help their stock...it's very telling that all of the defensive players eligible have decided to stay while practically the entire offense is bolting.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80797 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Chatting 2020
Jake Fromm. Definitely Damn Good Dawg.

It will be interesting now to see what changes are made at the quarterback position. A lot of different thoughts from FANS about how the position should be played. Wartdawg, this gives all of us a good chance to see just what Coach Coley can and will do offensively. Going to be hard for anyone from the 2019 roster or those that committed and will dress out in 2020 to have as firm a handle on the position as Jake had. Jake worked a small miracle when he came in for the injured Jacob Eason (another Damn Good Dawg) and performed the way he did.

Really glad to see Monty Rice returning for his Senior year. No doubt in my mind that Rice could have entered the draft and been selected. Rice will be what is needed in 2020 to keep our defense playing solid SEC football.

Hated to see Otis Reese decide to move on. I really thought and said on this board that Otis was going to be a standout for a long time. Nothing but good wishes for Otis, some university is going to get a really good defensive football player. Hope it won't be the gators. Always a possibility. Otis was also heavily recruited by Auburn. I believe he will end up playing in the SEC, Tennessee would not surprise me. Pruitt would love to have Otis Reese.

As talented as we are, it appears that there is no end to very good players signing on with Georgia every year. Alabama has been going through this for some time, guess it is a sign of progress.

Coach Coley was heavily involved in the recruitment of Carson Beck.

247sports.com/Video/Carson-Beck-IMG-Acad...-highlights-9136084/

247sports.com/Player/Carson-Beck-46053141/Videos/

Coach'em Up!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago #80798 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Chatting 2020
The dramatic improvement of the offense at LSU shows what can happen with a better scheme. Kirby needs to update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SimpleDawg

More
4 years 3 months ago #80804 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Chatting 2020
I expect little to change on offense be that on Cooley or KIRBY.

Because there will be a new QB, I look for more of the same conservative play calling and very limited playbook.

I think little was going to change even if Fromm came back, and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Cooley leave on his own accord if this is because of Kirby.

Calling it like I see it.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80806 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Chatting 2020
We were spoiled having Jake for three years..

Thanks..DGD... I am 100% on my 2020 predictions...wrong...

Next chapter of the process coming up...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds