Forum

THIS and THAT . . . .

7 years 3 months ago #76113 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
Well, I thought bama was going to kill them when they got up 14-0 early. Hit the sack...

Turned out to be a great game.

Looks like a new sherif in town....lol

www.kentucky.com/sports/spt-columns-blog...rticle125640184.html

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #76114 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
Just reading up on the guy that caught the winning td pass. Walk on who showed up at 150 lbs. Earned his scholarship. Caught two tds in both championship games. He played 94 of 95 offensive plays last night. Dang nice to see bama lose for me.

More
7 years 3 months ago #76115 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
Todd Grantham returning to the SEC . . . . Mississippi State.

Lasted longer working with/for Bobby Petrino that I had originally predicted on this board.

Liked his hiring when he first came to Athens. Became apparent that he would rather talk than listen. Although at that point our defense was in a mess. Put the mess at the feet of the previous head coach.

NFL no longer seems to have interest in Grantham. Coach Mullen might want to put a lock on the defensive coordinators door, prefers to recruit sitting in his office.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 months ago #76116 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
Towel still had two years left on his contract.....I had not seen if he was fired or felt he had

worn out his usefulness...... might be case similar to hire here.... won the job by default..

nobody else wanted to take it.... if Mullen bolts to the NFL.... towel could be job hunting again

Oh what a tangled web..... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
7 years 3 months ago #76117 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
yankeedawg1, really hoping that a lot of the "stuff" that all of us put up with for years does not find its way back to Athens.

This group of young men that will carry the "2017 Recruiting Class Banner" have a lot on their plate. Has been said before, several classes have come to Athens with wide eyes and high expectations.

Many of the disappointments of both the players and fans for too long failed to find the "ears" of those that were not deeply enough involved to either take a "second look" or were just being "themselves".

I think that Clemson proved to "college football" what is "possible". Think there are those following college football that would agree with what many think the "solution" was . . . . LEADERSHIP (JMHO). So many young folks that are now playing the game have expanded the possibilities of matching up well. College football does not belong to any one team or any one coach when it comes to the end result.

I wanted Alabama to win the game. Did not break my heart or put me in a down trodden thought pattern. Admire both teams and the way the game was played. Now "I" go through one of my favorite times of the year . . . . the "sorting out" of the LOI's. Surprises . . . . "always".

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 months ago #76118 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
Agree about the NC game...two highly skilled and well coached teams...

as NCdawg pointed out .....NSD is a start...getting them on campus...in class..then on the field..

Contributing.......process...... Go Dawgs.....

Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds