Forum

THIS and THAT . . . .

7 years 3 months ago #76004 by Buc
THIS and THAT . . . . was created by Buc
Top rated defensive player for Ohio State . . . . Georgia High School Player.

Top rated offensive player for Clemson . . . . Georgia High School Player.

Appears that Smart and Company recognized what needed to be done and without too much lip service, began step 1 of changing the way the State of Georgia will be recruited in 2016.

Would like to have a commitment or two in the Under Armor game today. Not going to be surprised if one of the top players the media is playing up finds himself committing to Alabama. Coaches have put their work in, serious recruiting work, will be what it will be.

Have read other places (sites) where many that call themselves fans of UGA not that excited about the return of Chubb and Michel. Some say that we should lean more on the young players that are yet to get a lot of playing time. I say this to that . . . . Some never totally understand what building “Depth” means. Whether we have the right combination of coaches in Athens, yet to be determined. One fact . . . . recruiting in the Peach State has changed . . . . “QUICKLY”.

First time maybe forever we are looking at the “overall” success of our program.

If Kirby Smart is not the right choice for head coach . . . . fire his butt. Same can be said for others on the staff. Will say again, there are going to be some changes both administratively and on the coaching staff. One big obstacle remains, that is Greg McGarity. Sooner those above McGarity either realize of the error of his and their ways, the quicker UGA Football moves forward.

College football is a “business” not different than the business world outside college campuses. More and more both athletes and the media are playing on the fact that changes will be made across the college football world.

College football is 180 degrees away from the day I got involved many years ago. I can remember my head football coach in high school carrying a leather bag over his shoulder delivering mail in the off season, especially in the Summer. Now coaches and athletic directors have “agents” and “media sources” that improve their standing in the public eye. My head coach in high school was a Georgia graduate, last year for him was 1946 in Athens.

Have often said that I jump around, that will continue if I remain on this board. Never hurts to look “back” as well as “forward”. Age can be a beautiful thing.

Again looking forward to the UA Game on ESPN today at 1 p.m.

Clemson skunked Ohio State.

FSU sent Michigan packing.

Looking forward to Southern Cal and Penn State.

There has been a lot of chatter about the B1G being all that by the media.

Going to leave urban (liar) meyer alone . . . . temporarily. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 months ago #76005 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
Starting the New Year of right Buc.... solid read with hard points...truth

Landscape of college football has changed and continues....

Absolutely will be changes in staff of our football program....

We will have a active off season.....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
7 years 3 months ago #76006 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
yankeedawg1, know that you were in a position of "leading" in the business world. My strong belief that is what was/is needed to move our football program into a position of respect. Anyone willing to admit that UGA has been left behind in the football world for far too long, understands the complexities of "Leadership". Like Alabama or not, "Leadership" is not a problem in Tuscaloosa. Do I believe that Kirby Smart can be as successful as Nick Saban, no. That is not a realistic way of looking at the UGA Football program. Not talking about one, two or three years, talking about "facts".

Clemson is on a roll. Would offer this thought . . . . How is it that Clemson moved forward at a pace that it has in what I would term a short time? From where I sit . . . . William Christopher "Dabo" Swinney, rolled up his sleeves and got down into the dirt with the FOOTBALL PROGRAM. Down into the dirt meaning "working". That has been a missing link in Athens for many years. Too many so called experts that did not have a clue. Say again, Mark Richt has totally changed the way he coached in Athens since arriving in Coral Gables. Still lives a great lifestyle, same lifestyle he enjoyed in Athens with this exception . . . . rolled up his sleeves at the "U". Anyone surprised at the amount of success Miami had in 2016, take the time to "scout" the amount of high school talent that surrounds the "U".

Both Richt and Swinney rubbed elbows with the Bowden Clan. Richt with Bobby Bowden and Swinney with Tommy Bowden. Swinney is in his second straight final two for the championship. Leadership.

Glad to see several of our players returning to Athens rather than moving to the NFL. Do not believe those that stayed would have remained if our program was moving in the direction that the previous head coach left our program under. Those remaining were recruited when the previous head coach was "running our program". They must agree with something that is happening in the Classic City.

Yes, there will be changes in Athens, coaches and players.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 months ago #76007 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
It seems like yesterday we were happy for a new era in Georgia Bulldog football. With a season behind us I still believe we are on track.

Very happy to see players sticking around when they could leave for pro. Depth indeed Buc. They not only play good, they teach the younger guys. We are lucky to have them stay on.

Recruiting is better. It seems the high school players are seeing and believing in the changes in Athens.

Coaching changes. Probably so. This is the part were we get to see what Head Coach Kirby Smart thinks could be improved.

As always, Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl

7 years 3 months ago #76008 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
Buc....one area that I have spent a great deal of time studying and practicing over the past 20 years

And used in my work career Is the subject of " Change management ". Both in our business and personal lives....

Two events have had huge impact on how we view and react to change...

9-11. Attack. And the very most and dramatic change the internet...and the spinoff social media...

Change management has been around since the caveman....however being able with the aid of

Computers being able to process huge amounts of data from large numbers of business and personal cases..

You and Growl and others who have a military background were players in one of the very first class

Study......of the Shadow Organization...... people you would go to get a job done... names you tucked away and saved....They did the same with yours.... no titles...no corner office..

At the end of WWII. This group went into the business world....and father taught sons and daughters

The process......it goes on today..... I know you will mull and comment....

Enjoy your bloodies Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
7 years 3 months ago #76009 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
stevedawg, personally have no doubts that Coach Smart will put the UGA football program above himself. Not sure that has always been practiced previously. Continue to believe that changes in coaching had a serious effect on our program. Young men declare for a certain program, they fully go into the process thinking "nothing changes". That in my opinion is one of the serious problems with college football. Coaches can leave, players are penalized. Like it or not, there will be further changes in that area also.

I look at our current "situation?" this way . . . . If Kirby Smart comes to a realization that he is not the right head coach for UGA, he will not hang on, as was previously done, not by one UGA coach, several.

Kirby Smart could have gotten much more that his current pay scale if he had wanted to play the money game. Gamecocks had an open door policy for Kirby. If Smart and Company fail to produce, I firmly believe that one Kirby Smart will face up to that also, will not have to be shoved out of the program.

Head coaching at the D1 level . . . . all folks have to do is a "little research" . . . . check the names of the next great head coaches that never got there. The list is too long to post on Dawgs.com.

Will post this site about a certain head coach that some on this board and many other sites like to post about the "time in grade" factor. Swinney does not have this "supposed" time in grade, but taking a lesser university (supposedly) and has reached greater heights in his "time in grade" more or less does away with the argument in my mind.

This is where I am at . . . . again . . . . Coaches like Erk and others that were not allowed to move forward in the UGA Football program, left and proved what many of us know . . . . those sitting in the big seats do just that . . . . sit.

www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/kelly_brian00.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds