Forum

THIS and THAT . . . .

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #76089 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
Just reading up on the ky coaching staff. Looks like they are trending up. Stoops is a sec/hc noob. Oc is a sec assistant vet. Would not even be discussing the ky offensive coordinator without that last ky drive in the ga game. Just caught my attention with the pounding play calling at the end.

Also noticed GT was 3-0 against sec east teams. I'm really not a fan of the institution, but pj seems to do okay for a guy who wasn't even a college benchwarmer.

Edit. . . Also noticed stoops was D.C. at fsu shortly before jp. . .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #76090 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
No disrespect to anyone but we say stars don't mean this and that and then we talk about how great our recruiting class is based on stars.

We're all giddy about this class, why?

Truth

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
7 years 3 months ago #76091 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
I know you ain't asking me, but recruiting means everything...you can do okay with good coaching, but got to have horses, and be willing to accept "stuff" to win big.

More
7 years 3 months ago #76092 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
Richt was said to recruit well and great classes. Never did anything with the classes he recruited other than 2005 and 2007. 2013 a debacle that the team paid dearly for these past 2 years. The giddiness comes from never ever having a class like this and players that can have an immediate impact.

We will see Wart. I am not convinced that many of them will see the field much other than special teams or the OL. Everyone is high on Fromm but no way he beats out Eason and starts. The keys to next year are Eason and the OL. The D should not be an issue what so ever with what we have coming back.

They can talk stars all they want, but it means nothing if they get no meaningful time on the field which I highly doubt, SEC is a tough place to learn the game and I am not impressed about what they do in high school against inferior talent, or trash talk and making videos, show me on the field that you deserves those stars against the likes of Tennessee, Florida, S Carolina and Tech.

thecountrynation.com

More
7 years 3 months ago #76093 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
Ratings of high school players are not absolute predictors of college performance for individuals. Went back and looked at high ranked recruits a couple of years ago, and while Carter has been good, he has not been Floyd. Park?

However, if you look statistically at teams with consistent top five years, you see teams competing at high levels. Some of the "savages" will be disappointments. Some will leave team. Some will be hurt. But some will be tremendous competitors on the field. If CKS can bring in comparable classes every year, he will build a core of quality depth, even with individual busts.

One thing I like about this year's class is that the talent coming to UGA is not going to UF, UA, TN, or usc. We won't win the East if say, UF, is doing what we are. It doesn't guarantee our winning the East, but it makes it easier to do so. We will know the value of the savages in two to three years. Until then, I like the talent and chemistry of this group.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 3 months ago #76095 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
I have commented before what makes this class special in my mind is... we recruited to fill

Position needs...focused...laser.... get... the best available players we can to fill needs and build quality depth....

CSP and HC addressed undersized linemen...on both lines.... well we have gotten big....me thinks

We will soon say...big and better....that's what makes me smile...... Scooby..... true dat....need the horses.....can't run a mule In the derby.... On star rating of HS players....... getting into West Point or Annapolis is one thing

Graduating entirely a different challenge.... getting the best out of the players..that's coaching...

Our as Buc and othe have preached....COACH ...them up !! Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds