Forum

THIS and THAT . . . .

7 years 3 months ago #76032 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic THIS and THAT . . . .

yankeedawg1 wrote: CNS......ROI for the Tide is off the chart....as long as the seats are full and the donor money flows

He can receive anything he wants for the program....with sugar blessings......

Go Dawgs.......and Roll Tide .......

All about the "Process", eh yd1. ;)

Win, lose or draw, Alabama made a very good choice in their last selection for HEAD COACH.

Do I think that Kirby Smart stacks up with future considerations or comparisons against other head coaches . . . . Do not have a clue, that rests squarely on the shoulders of Kirby Smart. Do not have a 15 year life line for Kirby without results. With what I see going on in Athens now, certain parts are coming together.

Would really like to see ogredawg come back at some point down the road and say Kirby Smart hire worked. One thing that I do know about ogredawg, damn sure a man of his word. That will not change, me thinks.

One thing for sure . . . . the talent level of the football players has not slipped.

Really like seeing the Seniors step up, return to Athens for another go. That in my opinion has to build a huge amount of confidence in the Coaching Staff. Kirby said soon after arrival on campus . . . . "Team needs Leadership". My opinion, another giant step forward. I remember what Wartdawg said about his Dad . . . . Brick and Mortar works well together.

2017, there will be a lot to talk about.

Still interested to see if Smart and Company add more to the recruiting total for 2017 or . . . . feel good about where they have our program situated.

Bouncing around again, that never changes. Hard to enter into 2017 and not have a glimmer of hope about our football team . . . . Yes, the Golden Goose that is laying Golden Eggs.

Have to mention this again . . . . Jacob Eason said he knew he could run. Let him go Kirby. Previous coaching staff removed AM's wheels. Don't make the mistakes of the past bite us in the butt again. No doubt that the coaching staff is looking for a different type of quarterback in 2018/2019.

Think myself and others can say this . . . . Coach'em Up. Appears we finally understand that the offensive line "matters".

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #76041 by Buc
Appears the Auburn fans are not too happy with Gus. Reading the comments, totally agree with one comment that mentioned Gus should thank Cam Newton for the success (money) he has made since his hiring.

Smart and Company are having a serious effect on Auburn recruiting.

From where I sit . . . . Do not see a lot of improvement for Auburn in 2017.

Since Dell McGee was hired, complications have set in for those across the Chattahoochee River. Dell is huge in Columbus, Georgia and throughout the area. Here is hoping that Coach McGee remains in Athens for a long time. Good hire Kirby, might say soon . . . . Great hire Kirby.

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-footbal...ar-bowl-performance/

EDIT: This is the comment that I referred to above. Totally agree.

#GusMalzahn needs to write a Thank You letter to #CamNewton for making his career what it is today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 months ago #76042 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
I would have no problems with Dell McGee as OC

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
7 years 3 months ago #76043 by Buc
ogredawg, with you on that, for sure.

Continue to read bits and pieces about Coach Chaney. Not going to say boot him at this point, but . . . . After doing some research, looking into Coach Chaney's past, did not know when he was hired that he was not the coach that was Drew Brees main man in college. Moving on, do not see a lot to make me believe that Jim Chaney brings more to the offensive coordinator position than Dell McGee brings. Not asking for a removal, just want the best coaches filling the positions they are paid for.

If Coach Sam Pittman is the "reason" he and Coach Jim Chaney are in Athens, gives me pause to look/see. Absolutely sold on Pittman. Maybe we see some things from Chaney in 2017 that many of us have hoped for. This old fart is still having a problem with the lack of using our tight ends. Too much talent in Athens to watch these young men come through the program and not be utilized.

Lots of talent, keep saying that year after year when referring to UGA Football . . . . offense is "loaded" in my estimation. Realizing that some of the "newbies" along the offensive line have to "grow up quickly" (incoming 2017 Class) . . . . that will not be accepted. I am a firm believer that there are still some very good offensive linemen that have not participated thus far.

Great recruiting year thus far . . . . Coach Smart left Alabama and went to work in Athens. 2017 we know much more about our head coach. Many have said both on this board and others that "much" is expected in 2017.

One more time . . . . I am not on/with the previous plan that those before Smart and Company kept in Athens for far too long. And yes, even before Mark Richt. You and I both have been through that, and enough is enough. Combination of many head coaches in Athens produced one (1) National Championship since VD was hired.

Like the talent I "think" is coming to Athens in 2017 and the existing talent in Athens also . . . . no room for 8 win seasons.

Say this . . . . This group of coaches are recruiting differently than those before them. Will always believe this . . . . Jeremy Pruitt changed football in Athens.

:whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, rockdawg, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 months ago #76044 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
Buc,

Like the incoming hosses too. Also seen that Jake Fromm has turned some heads. I don't want a good year - I want a junkyard dawgs dynasty.

Hope we get a couple more. Young pups at receiver will need to step up. That's where JE can take a page from AM, work with them in the offseason. Be a leader and get the chemistry set BEFORE G-Day.

Can't wait to see more of Nauta next year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
7 years 3 months ago #76045 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
Buc I think you and others will be pleasantly surprised with DeMarcus Hayes coming in from MGCCC. This young man will anchor the left side of the OL for the next 2 years and if what is being said about Isaiah Wilson is true that he is a college ready RT, along with who is returning that got meaningful playing time, we should be solid if we stay healthy. If it all plays out then there should be no excuses what so ever as why the East is not UGA's for the taking and competing for the SEC and NC.

Not saying Chaney is the right man for this job but he along with Kirby must produce next year.

Not buying the 2018/2019 plan. 2017 or bust at least for me.

thecountrynation.com

More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds