Forum

THIS and THAT . . . .

7 years 3 months ago #76046 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
I wouldn't say a natty or bust. But I can't handle another season like this one. Losing to candy and the gnats
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #76047 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
Since you mentioned DeMarcus Hayes, have looked all over the internet for those that wanted him prior to moving to MGCCC. All I can come up with is "grades". Happens a lot.

Remember well you being at the Ole Miss game, and you said that we did not look as if we wanted to line up and play in the turf.

Guess that I passed that off as . . . . breaking in a head coach. Flimsy excuse, but . . . .

Not for a minute do I believe that the coaches on the defensive side of the ball have a problem with "everything" that continues . . . . what Jeremy Pruitt started.

If Nick Saban did not have to make a decision on the next defensive coordinator, Kirby Smart would be in Tuscaloosa, if Smart had chosen to stay. Kirby Smart made that decision, not a doubt. After saying that, Kirby is now in "full control". He chose that direction, we welcomed him.

This is what I like about Kirby . . . . He was "smart" enough to spend many years under Saban, not doing what Kiffin just did. Many times it has been said on Dawgs.com that "patience" is a virtue. I believe that.

In my gut, I believe that we are going to sign a young man from the same school that Sony and Isaiah graduated from and made their way to the Classic City. Should not say this but will . . . . great offensive lineman, but believe he will end up on the defensive line. Have always hated watching the previous coach move linemen from one side to the other. Spend a lot of time in the Plantation, Florida area, if this comes about, and it might . . . . a giant step forward.

Here is hoping that the incoming 2017 Class can and will play "together". That has been a problem, noticeable problem in the past.

rockdawg, there is not a doubt in my mind that 2017 should be the year of the "Tight End". Not on the Chinese Calendar . . . . however. :whistle: ;)

Still have a problem with the young players that are now Sophomores and Juniors not progressing. I believe that Isaiah McKenzie is leaving for this reason . . . . help is on the way in Athens. Isaiah recognizes that change "has happened" in Athens. Love the young man and he will latch on in the NFL. Bet that.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 months ago #76048 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic THIS and THAT . . . .

Buc wrote: Lane Kiffin leaving Alabama, will not coordinate against Clemson.

One of the members on this board mentioned soon after the game between Alabama and Washington that Kiffin had not called a good offensive game. Agree with that.

Lane Kiffin cannot get it through his head that he is not "all that".

Nick Saban does not mess around when it comes to following the "process".

Alabama will be better off without Kiffin.

Kiffin's response to leaving . . . .

"After meeting with Coach Saban during preparations last night and this morning, we mutually decided that it was in everyone's best interests for the players and the program for Coach Sarkisian to take over all responsibilities as offensive coordinator for the championship game.

Guess Nick Saban did not want another x number of hours with Lane Kiffin on board.

www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/201...urs_before_leav.html

No doubt that Saban requires total focus, even if you are moving on to a new job after the NCG. Apparently Kirby was able to do that (remember everyone being upset because they thought UGA would lose #10?), where Kiffin wasn't. Saban has one focus. You better too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 3 months ago #76049 by Buc
dawgs_fans_dad, you nailed it.

Like or dislike Nick Saban . . . . hard to argue with "success".

The one thing that Alabama fans have to look forward to is playing for the National Championship.

We had one of those in the 1980's.

For those both on this board and other boards, Mark Richt had many years to accomplish that. Care to look at teams in the SEC that have won a National Championship in the past x number of years? Georgia Tech for example. Hurts, eh . . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 months ago #76050 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic THIS and THAT . . . .
Kirby is recruiting great. That's a good thing, as I didn't see signs of a great game day coach in the games I watched. Recruiting is king for the most part anyhow, so maybe better days are ahead.

Just reading about the kicker. No way the wild thing kicks again.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #76052 by Buc
I am one of those that thinks the entire game plan on Kirby and Company will be decided by the fans after 2017. That will be the point in time all coaches will be evaluated on their merits or lack of same.

Rodrigo's Dad needs to understand that his chirping is not improving this young mans standing. If anything I personally believe he is making it more difficult for Rodrigo. My opinion.

EDIT: After posting the above, took a look at what Rodrigo had to say in the AJC, commenting on his tweeter account. High fives to this young man. Dad . . . . zip it.

EDIT #2: Looking around more on the internet found this.

www.berniesdawgblawg.com/2017/01/rodrigo...ie%27s+Dawg+Blawg%29
The following user(s) said Thank You: scooby

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds