Forum

GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA

7 years 6 months ago #75298 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
Should not do this but . . . . LC speaking up publicly, expect to see that from him in JAX. Practices are not open, so we can only speak to what we see.

AD5 mentioned #6 Natrez Patrick. Another young man that has bought into the program.

Whatever it takes, one, two, three or more to get totally involved in the process, has to be that way . . . . Alabama and others in the SEC are not backing up in their recruiting efforts.

Coach Saban said after this weekends game that his current team may be the best team he has coached in his stay in Tuscaloosa. Kicked Tennessee, left little doubt that he has a firm grip on another shot at the National Championship.

Have also read and heard where Tennessee fans believe they will get a "return match" in Atlanta. OK, talk is cheap, and if that is the case, feel sure that Saban and Company will be more than willing to oblige.

Nick Saban wants another NC for sure. Will add this for the "Bleeding Hearts" . . . . check the recruiting efforts by Saban's staff . . . . Coach Smart appears to stand out on the list of recruits that have found their way to Tuscaloosa over many years. Right now Smart and Company have UGA in third place for 2017 recruits, that could and probably will change after the LOI's are signed, sealed and delivered.

Change is underway in the Classic City. Me thinks for the better.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75300 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
I hope LC continues to grow. IMO he has played well this year. Believe the staff has got his attention. Kid has athleticism for days. Seems he is finally considering what he is capable of. Believe many on the D have shown flashes of special things. Might be a lost opportunity on Patrick. Buddy just emailed me something about him admitting to having weed. Would be a shame to waste so much potential.

Bama is as good as I have seen. Offense is very good. Funny thing is if you watch bama in years past under Kiffin, very similar to the stuff we are seeing at UGA right now. Clear outs, TE apart of the deep passing game, downhill desgned runs, jet motions, could go on but won't. Guess it goes to show what can happen when you have a superior O-line. They have a QB that can run right now, but they are not changing their identity by any means. Saban still wants to pound the rock. Defense isn't as physically imposing as years past, but they create scores like I have never seen. Say this. Bama has been above average on special teams for some time.

Need much better effort on the field if we are going to stay in top 3 recruiting. Saturday did not help IMO. Hopefully, there were a lot of O-line prospects watching who want to play early. :laugh: Believe we have a home for them.

GO DAWGS

More
7 years 6 months ago #75301 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
Young men do not seem to grasp what is needed to make not only their lives better, should be thinking about family, FANS and moving forward.

Too much of this BMOC "hangover". The players did not burn their first bowl or roll a fat one since arriving in Athens.

Just to be "BLUNT" . . . . most of the players have aspirations of playing in the NFL. All of this "stuff" finds its way to the NFL, and it does end up costing all involved a lot of money.

Looking forward to the Alabama/TAM game. Hearing excuses made for the Vols about playing a rough schedule, tough games. Exactly that, excuses. Alabama has played some supposedly stiff competition, not a "whimper" from Coach Saban.

Still taking my chances with Coach Smart and his group of coaches. Wanted Smart for many years, believe sadlerdawg said recently that he was one of the first on Dawgs.com some time back that called for Kirby Smart to come home. He did.

Patience is a virtue . . . . sometimes. Patience when trying to build a team from what is close to "scratch" from what I have seen thus far.

Bet this . . . . the final recruited group of 2017 will come to Athens understanding that "every" position on the football field is "open". Cannot recall that being the case in more than x number of years. My understanding is that the "selling point" on the recruiting trail is if you have the talent, road blocks do not exist. Just another step in the right direction.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75302 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
My whole concern at this point has to do with whether or not our coaching staff can coach? D is solid, but they need help. Offense, with all those weapons, will never move the ball with an OL that gets pushed around like it has. I guess JE needs this season to work out those freshman kinks but, hell, he's hit people in the HANDS how many times only to have our receivers drop the ball???? At some point, that kills your confidence. Kid needs help too.

I don't watch Kirby's press cons because I'm tired of his mea culpas as excuses for not coaching up a team loaded with talent. He gets three seasons of get out of jail cards but, man, come on. We should have one loss right now. This falls on coaching.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

More
7 years 6 months ago #75303 by SimpleDawg
Replied by SimpleDawg on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
I can't remember seeing two dumber football plays than on Saturday - fielding a kickoff on the sideline and catching a punt on the 2 yard line. Not even an 8 year old kid would've done either. We don't seem to have very many instinctive football players. We have some good looking athletes, but too many plays are botched due bad decisions, slow reactions, poor angles of pursuit, and stupid penalties. How hard can it be to find 5 guys who can remember the snap count? I guess it's as difficult as finding 5 guys who can actually block a defender off of the line and/ or out of the hole..... Even with a new coach, to take a team that finished 10-3 the previous year, and stagger to what looks to be a 5-7 season, is a little unsettling. This wasn't the type of change I anticipated.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75304 by SimpleDawg
Replied by SimpleDawg on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
And let's not forget bringing in the "tall guy" to defend the Hail Mary pass, and putting him on the BACK LINE OF THE ENDZONE. No wonder he got boxed out! Kinda like having your 7 footer stand underneath the basket to rebound.....just plain dumb.

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds