Forum

GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA

7 years 6 months ago #75267 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA

Wartdawg wrote: Having a differing opinion is a bit different than ridiculing.

The only person here I ever felt I was ridiculing was scooby, and thats been warranted.

Other than him, I respect the opinion of everyone else here.

Right back at you on respect. . .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75272 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
gotta disagree wartdawg. It doesn't matter who is running the ball, the blockers did not do their jobs. No one got a hat on the LBer. Chubb had done nothing either. The thought was, get a fast guy going full speed and he could fall forward. If you see the video, it was just bad luck that the LBer hit the RB as his feet were off the ground-no leverage. Had Chubb been in the same situation, it would have been the same thing.

We lost that game because of the kicking team (96 yard return, we catch the ball out of bounds on our 2, not being able to field a punt all day)......

More
7 years 6 months ago #75273 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
Man, I'm a little stunned at some of the words I'm hearing. Wonder what they were saying in Bama after Saban's 6-6 year to start off?

Guys, we have NO offensive line; we have NO depth on OL or DL. Our QB is 18 years old. Geeeeeez, give it a couple years at least.

been a lot of talk against Chaney on this post. Funny, I don't recall too many bad posts here when he was hired, but I MAY BE WRONG. i do remember me posting I wanted Tom Hermann in the beginning, but I fully supported the KS hire. If Arkansas really wanted to fire Chaney, then why did the HC send the OL to his home to plead him to stay?

Come on guys, this board is much better than other sites. Let's not rush to judgement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
7 years 6 months ago #75275 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA

BulldogShannon wrote: gotta disagree wartdawg. It doesn't matter who is running the ball...

Disagree? So you would have chosen to run the 159lb guy on 4th and 1 when our line couldn't block all day? You think that was the best call?

So regardless of what you think the result would have been even if Chubb was running.. you think the best decision was to run IMac? Using your fast guy theory (in traffic where his speed is negated), you think the 159lb guy was a better choice than lets say... Sony?

So.. disagree... and apparently as you see it, no runner we had could have picked it up... you think running the ball was the best decision over maybe a pass play... or maybe rolling our Eason and giving him a run pass option? I mean if no running back we had was going to be capable of picking up a yard on that play, then call me crazy... but maybe that wasn't a good play.

Saban's first year... I remember that.. they beat Vanderbilt. Saban had also inherited a 6-6 team from the previous season and dare I say they were even further away than UGA is. While they did have an inexplicable loss to UL-Monroe.. they had lost 5 players to NCAA suspension 3 weeks prior.

They also had one of the youngest OC's in D-1.. Major Applewhite, in only his 2nd year having served only 1 prior season as OC at Rice. It wasn't some seasoned veteran who was supposedly some well known guru of O.

Anyway... this isn't about Kirby for me.. so Saban comparisons don't really mean anything. Who I am railing on is Jim Chaney.. and he's been awful most of the season and was especially awful this Saturday.

Back to that Saban comparison though.. remember how I said his OC for that season was a fairly unproven Major Applewhite? Well guess who wasn't his OC in 2008; Major Applewhite.

So yes lets compare Kirby year 1 to Saban year 1... then we'll see who Kirby has as OC for year 2 as we keep the comparison going.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75276 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA

BulldogShannon wrote: Man, I'm a little stunned at some of the words I'm hearing. Wonder what they were saying in Bama after Saban's 6-6 year to start off?

Guys, we have NO offensive line; we have NO depth on OL or DL. Our QB is 18 years old. Geeeeeez, give it a couple years at least.

been a lot of talk against Chaney on this post. Funny, I don't recall too many bad posts here when he was hired, but I MAY BE WRONG. i do remember me posting I wanted Tom Hermann in the beginning, but I fully supported the KS hire. If Arkansas really wanted to fire Chaney, then why did the HC send the OL to his home to plead him to stay?

Come on guys, this board is much better than other sites. Let's not rush to judgement.

That was Pitman that Arkansas tried to get to stay. Chaney left Arkansas in 2014 before they could fire him. I believe he went to Pittsburgh in 2015, then we hired him.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75277 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
I am going to have to agree with BulldogShannon. What running plays were the most effective all game? McKenzie on the jet sweet. I keep hearing all this about play calling. We tried every way possible to get Michel and Chubb going. Blast, counters, sweeps, misdirections. When you play soft up front it doesn't matter what a coach calls. See all this stuff about Chaney. There is no offensive coordinator in the country considering the talent we have, that isn't going to hand the ball off to Chubb and Michel a lot. They are you 2 most talented players. The play to McKenzie was a sweep on the perimeter, and to be honest if we could hold a block for longer than 1 sec, we pick up the first down. I realize we have to make someone the scapegoat every year though, so sure lets make it Chaney. Idiot that hands the ball off to, 2 of the best RB's in the country? And we again missed wide open WR's in the passing game. One that didn't have anyone within 20 yards of him on his way to the end zone.

I was extremely angry after the game so I decided not to post. I wanted the entire staff gone. I told my wife that I thought there should be a clause in contracts that if you lose to Vandy, your job is instantly terminated. Happy I took some time to cool off, review a little tape.

We lost this game for 2 reasons. 1. Poor special teams play. 2. I have never witnessed an offensive line play so SOFT.

GO DAWGS - BTW, college football junkie here. Major Applewhite was not fired by Saban. He left to go to Texas, where he played. Believe they did a special before the NC between bama and texas, and Saban talked about how he wanted Applewhite to stay. Regardless, Applewhite has been the OC at Houston for a couple of years, and has been very successful. He is a spread guy so I could see him and Saban definitely having some differences.

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds