Forum

GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA

7 years 6 months ago #75305 by Buc
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75306 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
Makes me wonder why we have to play the Mark Richt game all over again. Seems we could never get a player situated on either side of the line . . . . offense and defense. Not sure, but I believe that goes back to depth, not coaching. Second defensive lineman moved to the offensive line this season.

Bothers me for this reason. We have "many" players listed on our roster as offensive linemen (scholarships). Now we are moving players from the defensive side to the offensive side . . . . What am I missing? Did the current coaches recruit the present roster. To me, very simple, time for those that think they understand to take a second look. Went through this same routine under Richt, more than once.

Yep, I am in Smart and Company's back pocket. They have seen better and will produce better. Our coaching is a failure after seven games under Smart, lot of that "stuff" on the internet.

Looking forward to discussing UGA Football with some a short time down the road.

dogbytesonline.com/georgia-makes-move-wi...ee-position-changes/

EDIT . . . . Our roster, check the offensive linemen that cannot find their way to the turf. Is it a coaching problem, if so, explain if there is an explanation.

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/geo-m-footbl-mtt.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
7 years 6 months ago #75307 by Buc
Would like to add this . . . .

Coach Pittman is our offensive line coach in 2016.

Coach Pittman will be our offensive line coach in 2017.

Anyone want to change Coach Smart's lineup of coaches?

Just how bad was his mistake in hiring this group?

Kirby Smart not ready to step up and take charge in Athens?

Think our record in 2016 is where we will be in future years?

Still want the Houston coach? Go Navy.

One member made it a point to say that he wanted the Houston Head Coach rather than Kirby Smart. Strange how things work, eh?

Teams all over the country are getting better, regardless of conference.

Anyone that believes that Head Coach Derek Mason is a "pass over", that explains just how much and how deeply folks are into football . . . . sometimes ignorance is bliss.

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-footba...gia-loss-vanderbilt/
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg, growl

More
7 years 6 months ago #75308 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
Moving players around is like putting lipstick on a pig. Why not make wholesale changes and play some of those 5 star guys like Hardman and Cleveland. Season is shot to hell anyways nothing to lose at this point.

thecountrynation.com

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75309 by Buc
Seems like we have had to move players around for a long time. Tells me that something is wrong either in recruiting or coaching. Has to be one of the two. At this point I choose a lack of player depth.

One thing for sure . . . . If an opponent knows your game plan prior to the whistle, for sure either your offensive or defensive line is in for a long day.

That has happened again, but I would be quick to add that it hurts when our receivers fail to make catches, not just the dink and dunk passes, those tough catches over the middle when backbones tend to shrink. College football is a man's game, much has changed over the years, workouts for sure.

Remember Wilson Faumuina being one of the Falcons first round draft choices in 1977, number 20 selection. Point being he was the heaviest player on the team at 280 pounds. That back in the day was a very big man. By the way, he passed away at age 32 from a heart attack. Yep, a lot of changes over the years.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75310 by Buc

In the photo below is reason enough to understand why hits on a young quarterback have to be avoided. Receivers dropping passes, and linemen that are playing out of position produce photos like this one.

Not going to block, not big enough, not "whatever", I look back at who recruited these players, gives me pause to think about where we were prior to 2016. Seems there was always movement in our coaching ranks. Don't need to list the changes, you folks know.

Putting all of my marbles in Coach Sam Pittman's pocket.

I ask myself this question . . . .

If we had not changed our coaching staff, where would we be at this point in 2016?

Many have said openly on many sites that Coach Smart has done a bang up job in recruiting since coming to Athens. Has been said on Dawgs.com and other sites. Coach Smart does not have his group of players as yet. He has said that too.

Some come up and say "fire the entire group of coaches" . . . . REALLY? Last head coach was allowed to show what he could do, time ran out. Coach Smart has not had a full year in Athens, he is seven games in. Cry me a river.

Not sure the jpg will open. The photo is #73 picking #10 up after he had allowed our quarterback to get ear holed. Offensive line is a mess. Going to see a lot more of Eason handing the ball off, for this very reason. Playing for the future.
Attachments:

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds