Forum

GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75325 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
Might want to consider this . . . .

Nowhere is recruiting success more important than when a coach takes over a program as a first-year coach. With that in mind, this edition of the RecruitingNation recruiter power rankings sorts out how coaches who are in their first years at their schools are doing on the recruiting trail. Don't forget the recruiter power rankings are formulated by not only looking at how many four- or five-star recruits a coach lands, but also taking into account the needs those recruits will fill at the next level./i]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75326 by Buc
Many FANS are hoping that Coach Smart's hire of Offensive Line Coach Sam Pittman will address an area of Georgia Football that the previous head coach had little time for. Facts speak for themselves, something like what happened on Saturday in Athens, Smart and Company are trying to avoid.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75327 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA

Buc wrote: Seems like we have had to move players around for a long time. Tells me that something is wrong either in recruiting or coaching. Has to be one of the two. At this point I choose a lack of player depth.

One thing for sure . . . . If an opponent knows your game plan prior to the whistle, for sure either your offensive or defensive line is in for a long day.

That has happened again, but I would be quick to add that it hurts when our receivers fail to make catches, not just the dink and dunk passes, those tough catches over the middle when backbones tend to shrink. College football is a man's game, much has changed over the years, workouts for sure.

Remember Wilson Faumuina being one of the Falcons first round draft choices in 1977, number 20 selection. Point being he was the heaviest player on the team at 280 pounds. That back in the day was a very big man. By the way, he passed away at age 32 from a heart attack. Yep, a lot of changes over the years.

How is it that this becomes an issue at this point in the season? If you're paid X million dollars a year, this ought to be figured out before the first snap. Unacceptable. I read on another site that Georgia is a program that doesn't get first year HCs. I think that was spot on.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
7 years 6 months ago #75328 by Buc
Trying to sift through the post LimeyDawg, give me some help.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75329 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA

SouthernDawg wrote:

Wartdawg wrote: Just to be clear... I have been harsh on Chaney, but I have never called Kirby a
buffoon because of it. A guy can do 9 things well and make one mistake and
he's still earning an A.

I have not been impressed with Chaney, and yes I have taken into consideration
the depth and personnel issues.

I'll stand by my opinion.

Wartdawg,

I apologize if I came across like I was putting words in your mouth. I know you didn't call Kirby a buffoon. However, I have heard it by other people and I just associated it with this thread.

Again, my apologies for misdirected/misworded comments if they were that way.

no worries mate, I just wanted to clarify where I stood about Smart in this whole thing.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75330 by Buc
Another site that I follow for one reason, Kimberley participates.

theladysportswriter.com/georgia-football...rome/#comment-207598

More
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds