Forum

GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA

7 years 6 months ago #75292 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
Anyone that has been around Georgia Football for any length of time understands or should understand that Smart and Company have coached seven(7) games since most of them arrived in Athens, there were a couple of hold overs from the previous staff.

All of us (UGA FANS) are bruised with the latest loss. I am also one of the folks that believes Coach Mason is a bright light in college football coaching. We or the rest of college football have not seen the last of Coach Mason. Bet that.

Our expectations were very high. Hard not to get up after so many disappointing years. 93,000 FANS spoke loud and clear to Coach Smart at the Spring Game. Anyone that thinks he did not hear the FAN base is fooling only themselves. Change is going on as "some" of us on this board post.

Lifted the italics from another site that often goes "both ways".

Much to be read "out there". Occasionally someone steps up and "speaks football". This particular poster did.

This is the dumbest thing I’ve read on this blog in a long time. We’re losing football games because he allows players and their families to call him “Kirby.” It’s definitely not because our offensive line is small, weak, and incapable of blocking even mediocre defensive linemen. And it’s definitely not because our WRs average about 5’10” and 170lbs, and can’t get any separation from opposing DBs. And it’s definitely not because our special teams is a xxxxxxx joke. And it’s definitely not because Jim Chaney is an overrated hack at OC. And it’s definitely not because we’ve got an 18-year-old QB learning on-the-job in the SEC.

Nope, it’s the “Kirby” thing.

So, in other words, exactly what every rational fan has been saying for almost a year now: It’s going to be worse before it gets better; but we’ve already seen Richt’s ceiling, and can only hope that Kirby’s is higher. But we’re not going to find that out in a single season, so buckle up and prepare for a bumpy ride, you whiney little brats.

God, this really is the worst fanbase in college football.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75293 by Buc
AllDawgs5 posted . . . .

Buc, my thoughts on this staff after the ole miss game were not very high. Mainly because we simply didn't look ready to play, and personnel that was on the field. The more I watch, the more I almost feel sorry for this staff. I have seen some bad o-lines in recent years. I have seen nothing that compares to what we are seeing right now. Its not a knock on any of the coaches. Doesn't seem there is anything they can do.

Coach Smart said from the beginning AD5 that our team needed some players to step up and lead. #73 that I watched on a couple of videos alluded to the fact that he was going to do that . . . . did not say when, and from what I have seen since watching the videos, has not taken effect.

Really like what I am seeing from Roquan Smith #3. Young man is still not playing at "full speed", but is still outplaying some of the older players on our team. Roquan has bought into the program and the process. Believe that there are others that are not seeing a lot of playing time that are trying to catch up with the defense. Not a doubt in my mind that Roquan Smith will be a "vocal leader" in 2017. Here is hoping that others recognize what Coach Smart was saying from the beginning . . . . need leaders, both vocal and on field plays.

Firmly believe that we will see improvements in the remaining games. One thing for sure . . . . the "Bleeding Hearts" are not going to get Kirby Smart's scalp before he has a chance to prove his worth, or lack of same. Will not be 15 years waiting one way or the other . . . . "Bleeding Hearts".
The following user(s) said Thank You: AllDawgs5, growl

More
7 years 6 months ago #75294 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
Buc, agree about Smith. Kid is going to be a player. Starting to see glimpses of what our defense is going to look like over the next few years. Patrick and Smith will be back. D-Line is improving and building some depth. We need some help on the back end, but guys are competing, with the exception of one in particular. This defense is young, and they have been getting after it. Haven't made many plays behind the lOS, but there have been quite a few opportunities over the last 3 games. Just have to take advantage when the opportunity presents itself.

Lot of young talent on the offensive side as well. Eason, Nauta, Herrien, Holyfield, Ridley and other skill position players should be fun to watch. Just have to put a line in front of them, and continue to develop. Eason plays hard, but he has to get better reading coverages. Missed quite a few easy reads Saturday. One for a score and others for first downs. Wimms was open all day on the clear out. Forced one to Mckenzie early, underneath coverage followed Mckenzie, Wimms came behind into the vacant zone with no one within 10yds. We came back to it later and had success, but need to start getting it right the first time. We have missed many passing plays, whether bad reads, bad throws, and drops. Wonder what happens if we hit on those plays. Going to guess there would be a lot different tune. Guessing Eason will continue to improve on letting a play develop. Helps when you have some time to get comfortable in the pocket.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
7 years 6 months ago #75295 by Buc
One question that has been answered from the 2015 team entering the 2016 season . . . . Jacob Eason is our quarterback. Have not seen the slightest inclination to insert anyone else. Still believe that the coaches are trying their dead level best to protect Eason until he has more help up front.

Believe it was sflanagan21 that said earlier in the year that caution should be taken with our first year quarterback. Believe that is what Chaney is doing. Too often I see #73 picking Eason up after the defensive line has gotten to him. Say again, #73 is a guard, not very good at right tackle. Reflects on the lack of depth this group of coaches were left with.

Might be and probably is the long and short of Coach Smart not being everything that Coach Saban is . . . . do not know many right off hand that compare to the Alabama coach.

Find it very interesting that Coach Saban has shifted his way of thinking about quarterback play. Scary to me . . . . shows that Nick Saban has not faltered in his way of coaching. Clemson title game opened Saban's eyes . . . . right away.

Remember soon after Coach Smart first arrived in Athens . . . . mentioned that he was not opposed to looking at the quarterback position and altering his thoughts. Chaney was one of the first to bring as you say the spread to college football. Quarterback with "wheels" causes a lot of problems, especially in college football.

Not to be a downer, but . . . . gators are very good defensively, they too are growing up. Their defensive backs can play as our defensive backs did under Coach Pruitt. Our offensive line is going to see a defensive line very similar to the Ole Miss defensive line. Scares me, just being realistic. They have a lot of speed on the D line and a couple of linebackers that we have to pay close attention to, or . . . . might not be a good day in JAX. Worry about our center getting to the second level, going to be something scary.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75296 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
Play calling an inherited team, trying to bring out talent that is there and thinking toward the future, brings this kind of thinking into the decisions game time...

Buc said "Jacob Eason is our quarterback. Have not seen the slightest inclination to insert anyone else. Still believe that the coaches are trying their dead level best to protect Eason until he has more help up front."

Exactly, don't break him trying to use him as if every other piece is working.

Strategy is long term for Smart and Company.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75297 by Buc
Read Bernie often, like his spirit and he does not duck . . . .

Appears that Lorenzo Carter has drawn a line in the sand. He knows who is and who "ain't" giving effort. Good on LC.

Sounds like Carter "knows" that there is an under current on the 2016 team.

if you’re not ready to respond then that’s going to be a rough two weeks for you.

www.berniesdawgblawg.com/2016/10/were-go...ting-better-and.html?

More
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds