Forum

GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75317 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
Have often wondered about Tae Crowder. I believe he is a heck of an athlete/football player. When Dawg With Style was posting regularly he often mentioned Tae Crowder. DWS has a good feel for talent coming out of high school. DWS was also first on Dawgs.com to praise Nick Chubb. Some came later, but DWS was first.

Video of Tae Crowder in high school below . . . . Good move Coach Smart. My bet is Tae Crowder will stick at linebacker and will play.

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/tae_crowder_972708.html

www.dawgnation.com/football/good-day-uga-the-whos-next-edition

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75319 by Buc
Both Coach Pruitt and Coach Smart preached linebackers and defensive backs intercepting passes, meaning have the hands to do so. Tae Crowder can do that. Do not know if they will even try to move his weight up, already a "man". Reminds me of ogletree, now playing for the Rams in the NFL. Tae Crowder can move from sideline to sideline, that was always a strong point for ogletree.

Appears to me that Head Coach Smart has seen enough and now he wants players that "want" to play. Say again, and it probably will not be the last time in 2016 . . . . There are some in Athens that did not buy into the coaching changes.

As AllDawgs5 said earlier in this thread, beat the press actually . . . . appears that we have a problem at linebacker . . . . a smoke filled room that is going to have a serious effect on us at that position.

What is a coach to do that came to a team without depth, had some very talented players, seems though some of the talented players would not conform, some of the same problems that we have watched prior to Coach Smart.

Look forward to watching the changes I am sure we will see in the near future. Coach Smart came to Athens to rebuild, did not have the talent to do much more than that.

Question . . . .

Anyone think that we have an offensive lineman that will be drafted by the NFL? Anyone think that Alabama will have an offensive lineman drafted by the NFL, maybe more than one? Anyone believe that Arkansas will have an offensive lineman drafted by the NFL?

Seems to me that the previous coaches did not leave much along both offensive and defensive fronts. Thompson being double teamed in 2016, where is the depth?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

More
7 years 6 months ago #75321 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
Ouch. I guess some of us think this rivalry is a easy W, I sure did... But we have lost 3 times in the last 10 years.

"In 1998 when the rivalry first started, Georgia only won two games by less than four points until the 12th match up between the two teams.

Georgia and Vanderbilt have played annually since 1968.

Both Georgia and Vanderbilt have shut out the other nine times.

Georgia has won 18 of the last 21 games with the three losses in 2006, 2013, and 2016 by four points or less."

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

7 years 6 months ago #75322 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
Kentucky is going to be a tough game too. Im telling you, college football is going to be more competitive going forward. These teams you have stepped on in the past are getting better, and they are planning on doing the stepping.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75323 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
Every coach gets the best players, linemen included, they can convince to join the program. What makes you think Kirby will be able to convince better linemen than the last guy? Just asking.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75324 by Buc

scooby wrote: Every coach gets the best players, linemen included, they can convince to join the program. What makes you think Kirby will be able to convince better linemen than the last guy? Just asking.

Try to stay away from this . . . . Why do you ask?

Notice you normally come with a question. Might read this article, could very well answer what you asked above.

www.seccountry.com/georgia/georgia-may-b...n-this-coaching-list
The following user(s) said Thank You: scooby

More
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds