Forum

GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA

7 years 5 months ago #75344 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
If you have not listened to this podcast by Brandon Adams, might want to . . . . Addresses some of what is being discussed on Dawgs.com.

www.dawgnation.com/football/dawgnation-d...-remaining-confident

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #75345 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
Good morning all Georgia like me I'm freaking rehabbing a blower out knee our beloved Dawgs are getting ride or the old shit.

Preparing for the rest which is the best it yet to come no not this year still haven't watched a game dunce my Dad died butt next year me an the Dagsboro will be back llater not saying next year saying the truth things are going 2 only get better.

Sadler Buck Growl Mr.Yankee dawg Steve thriller wart dawg keep raising he'll never stop have a blessed day friends.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, sadlerdawg, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1, growl

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 5 months ago #75346 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA

BullDawg2010 wrote: Do not buy for a second that Mark Richt would be anywhere close to undefeated or with only one loss. Too many holes in this years team, and Mark Richt is the one responsible for digging them.

Agreed with this. But mentioning this in almost any bulldog circle will make you persona non grata in a skinny minute and get you tagged as crying over spilled milk. The meltdown of this current crop was evident last year. The wheels were coming off of the car last season. The driver managed to get out of the car before it hit the wall.

BullDawg2010 wrote: If Nick Saban was our coach he would have one or two losses with this roster.

Disagree. Saban had a better squad than this in his first season at Bama and still had 6 losses.

BullDawg2010 wrote: Look I'm not trying to be all doom and gloom over here, I realize some guys here think Chaney is doing a good job for what he has too work with, and y'all might be right.

I for one think he's been extremely predictable and when it's working it's fine to be predictable. I was coached that it's not if they know what's coming, it's if they can stop it.

Teams know what's coming, and they are stopping it. It's up too our offensive coordinator to see what he has and scheme around it. Vandy should never beat us, EVER.

I realize we have a sorry excuse for an offensive line, and hell maybe Chaney is doing all he can do with what we have. But I encourage everyone here to go watch some Tennessee and Arkansas games back when he was the coordinator there too.

You can predict the plays just like we can predict them now, and teams stopped him just like they are doing now.

He hasn't impressed me at all. And that's all I'm saying.

Agreed. That was the criticism I heard about Chaney when he was hired and it seems to be proving correct. What I'm not sure of is how much of that is Chaney's fault and how much of it is circumstantial with the fact that he's got to find a routine that a true freshman QB can handle and get comfortable with all the while having no offensive line to protect for him or the running back he needs to break open his passing game.

Frankly man, we don't have the ability right now to get cutesy and unpredictable. I'd like to see some predictable run blocking, some predictable box outs, some predictable pass protection and some predictable pass coverage right now. And another aspect to this is that like it or not, with a pro style head coach who is 101% committed to a tenacious ground game, the offensive game is going to be somewhat predictable. The question is when it's time to break out of the realm of the predictable, why isn't he mixing it up? And why have too many stupid decisions been made knowing all of the above by him? Time will well.

I'm not into excuse making - never have been and never will be. This coaching staff has plenty of blame on them in my book this season and mistakes that they had better darn well learn from. I am trying to get some metric on where the blame lies and it's always tough to figure that out in a first season of a coaching staff.

That being said, I have no doubt that if Chaney needs to exit stage right, he will.

and agreed....We should never lose to Vandy. Ever.

BullDawg2010 wrote: And I don't mean to offend anyone here that thinks he has been doing a good job, but I'm just stating my gods honest opinion.

And I'm glad to read that opinion. Time might very well prove you right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, BullDawg2010

More
7 years 5 months ago #75347 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
Below link I found interesting some may have read it but it goes with what I said after my trip to Oxford and what I noticed and perceived in warm ups and the whole team not buying in on Smart's "process"

www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-play...ok-to-salvage-season

thecountrynation.com

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #75348 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
Recall your comments on the warm ups in Oxford ogredawg.

Has also been mentioned on this board prior to the Vandy game that it appeared there were some that were basically "coasting".

Lorenzo Carter spoke loudly after the Vandy defeat about the personnel wearing the pads. Did not criticize the coaching staff, Lorenzo said without saying . . . . players need to stop the BS and play football. Not a doubt that more than one or two did not approve of the head coaching change. Soon they will be gone. Those that cannot or will not reach the goals that the coaching staff sets out will not see playing time. Kirby Smart made the same statement that Pruitt made about solid practice habits are rewarded with playing time.

Next couple of recruiting classes, then it will be time to pass "serious judgment" on the overall structure in Athens.

EDIT: Strongly suggest reviewing the Athletic Director along with others in the Athletic Department.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 5 months ago #75351 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
Your entitled to your opinion of course, but i wonder if you were this pissed off when ole saint Richt went 8-4 his first year.

Donnan won 9 games the year before if memory serves correctly, so wouldn't that be a regression?[/quote]
Donnan won 8 games his last year, Richt won 8 games his first year. Donnan was 5-6 his first year and what I'm saying here is that Kirby is trending more Jim Donnan than Mark Richt. Opinion? Talk to me after the Florida, Auburn and Tech games. Coaches should not cut their teeth at Georgia.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds