GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA

7 years 6 months ago #75331 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75332 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
Well, I don't think it's time to panic.

When I first strolled in here the cry was mr is not coaching up the talent he has, etc. . .

Just kind of funny that with him gone, and the team struggling, the cry is he left us with no talent.

With that being said, Kirby has a four year contract. He picked his staff, just relax and see what he can do.

One mistake I believe he made was basically saying his linemen suck to the media. Didn't need to go there. Maybe he was just being honest, but why go there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, SouthernDawg

More
7 years 6 months ago #75333 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA

Buc wrote: Trying to sift through the post LimeyDawg, give me some help.

What I'm saying is that the issues in the OP I quoted should not be an issue for a coach of the caliber ready to take on the helm of the University of Georgia. THAT coach should have this stuff figured out before the first game. I'm concerned that Georgia has chosen to be the playground where Kirby takes off his training wheels. This should have happened somewhere else. We need seasoned coaches who have already worked out the kinks, not rookies figuring out how to be successful. But, since so many people were calling for Kirby to be HC, all I can say is that we got what we asked for so STFU and deal with the fallout.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
7 years 6 months ago #75334 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
And let me go out on a limb here and say that Mark Richt would be undefeated with this team, maybe one loss. There's the rubber/road reality.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75335 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA
How is Mark Richt doing with the talent that was left in Miami?

Could not squeak a win against UNC, first year head coach Kirby Smart did . . . . wow.

How well did Mark Richt do with his play calling after several years against Georgia Tech? Numbers matter, right? Where are the championships after 15 years?

Mark Richt ever have a problem with Vanderbilt?

Fifteen years and what . . . . Play against UCF in Memphis, Tennessee, love those field goals, eh . . . .

What happened with "all of the talent" that the master of recruiting did while in Athens . . . . making several million dollars? No rings?

Do not buy it LimeyDawg.

Bet this . . . . Head Coach Kirby Smart is going nowhere. That is actually where the rubber meets the road. Looking forward to many conversations . . . . in the next 15 or so years comparing records between the two head coaches mentioned.

The same Mark Richt that is being questioned in South Florida about his play calling, bone up my friend. Mark Richt played the house and won. Million dollar investment in the Miami IPF, another lesson learned from Coach Pruitt.

Back at you, when using terms like STFU.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75336 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic GAME DAY: VANDY vs UGA

LimeyDawg wrote: And let me go out on a limb here and say that Mark Richt would be undefeated with this team, maybe one loss. There's the rubber/road reality.

He would have lost too UNC, Ole miss, and Tennessee.

And probably Missouri too.

Do not buy for a second that Mark Richt would be anywhere close to undefeated or with only one loss. Too many holes in this years team, and Mark Richt is the one responsible for digging them.

If Nick Saban was our coach he would have one or two losses with this roster.

Look I'm not trying to be all doom and gloom over here, I realize some guys here think Chaney is doing a good job for what he has too work with, and y'all might be right.

I for one think he's been extremely predictable and when it's working it's fine to be predictable. I was coached that it's not if they know what's coming, it's if they can stop it.

Teams know what's coming, and they are stopping it. It's up too our offensive coordinator to see what he has and scheme around it. Vandy should never beat us, EVER.

I realize we have a sorry excuse for an offensive line, and hell maybe Chaney is doing all he can do with what we have. But I encourage everyone here to go watch some Tennessee and Arkansas games back when he was the coordinator there too.

You can predict the plays just like we can predict them now, and teams stopped him just like they are doing now.

That being said I'm not an offensive guru by any stretch, but he's being paid the big bucks too put points on the team, and not let teams like Vandy or any other low tier team stop us.

He hasn't impressed me at all. And that's all I'm saying.

And I don't mean to offend anyone here that thinks he has been doing a good job, but I'm just stating my gods honest opinion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds