Forum

GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #75122 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA

SimpleDawg wrote: And the Tall Guy put in to rebound is standing under the basket...... Was he not told to get on the goal line and go get any ball thrown towards the endzone....? Standing in the back of the endzone rendered him useless.

Bad teams can always find a way to lose.

SimpleDawg, I will be totally honest with what you said above.

First . . . . How does anyone know that the football is going to be on the money, especially when tossed "that far".

Guess you and I are on the same page, somewhat.

Has been said on several sites that what you mention above is the right way to play the "Hail Mary".

Would love to have watched an experienced defensive back "following practice procedures".

Might be our problem . . . . or one of our problems.

This I keep in mind SimpleDawg . . . . The coaching staff can do "only so much". Not an excuse, but understanding a little bit about football, especially SEC Football, all areas have to be covered.

There was an "experiment" with #7 in the end zone, basketball is a game, football is another.

One of the biggest problems to overcome in my opinion is . . . . I say this because I believe it . . . . getting the right players in the right places, at the right time.

We played the "height game" . . . . not the "experienced game".

Just a thought.

Go Dawgs :)

I am in the "Smart and Company Camp".

EDIT: Wonder what the media clips would look like had #7 knocked the football down? A thought.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #75125 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA
Don't know... but I do know it wasn't and they showed the clip again about 8 times last night.

Every time I got a bit more angry over how we played the situation so poorly.

Don't get me wrong... I'm still behind KS completely but there is nothing about the play or the situation that is defensible...pardon the pun.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
7 years 5 months ago #75126 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA
Without being too far out . . . .

Process of winnowing, separating the good from the bad.

Still holding the belief that not every player bought into the changeover. Often that shows up in practice, and quite frankly Kirby Smart has voiced his displeasure about more than one practice in 2016.

Do not mean the players wanted to lose, believe that paying attention to details, as practiced every week separates or should separate the good from the bad.

What are the chances of that play happening again under Coach Smart? What would be the chance of that play happening more than once under Richt?

A thought . . . . ;) :whistle:

More
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds