Forum

GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75015 by Rdawg
Replied by Rdawg on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA
Meh. We can nitpick this game until our faces turn blue, but compared to last week, we came out 1 million times better. We are making progress, and I'll let Tennessee have the luck this year. Hopefully we can create some for our own.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't think that was a pooch, but a bad punt. Gary and Verne put the idea in everyone's heads and we fell for it; hook, line, and sinker.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75016 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA
can someone do me a solid and post the post game conference.

I'd really appreciate it.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75017 by SBR1969
Replied by SBR1969 on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA
Glad to see such positivity after a loss that we gave away. I can't do it though. Again, I didn't see anything that gives me much hope. Everyone sets up a loss with how we have a new coach, but I have seen plenty of teams hit the ground running; Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, LSU. Just to name a few. That was some of the sorriest bit of coaching in the last five minutes as I have ever seen. Why in the cowboy "heck" do you kick the ball short when all they need is a field goal to tie? If you kick it deep and tackle them then he isn't even close enough to throw it to the end zone. We just continue to find more and more creative ways to lose games that we have in hand. Now I am going to have to be mad for the rest of the year as I am sure this is going to be highlight material before every game. It will be just like the Auburn game. I was happier with the shellacking we got last week then with what just happened. Drop back pass in the endzone with no help on the guy who has been running wild in your backfield all night???? This night didn't give me hope. It p##ssed me off to no end. Looks just like the same bunch of crap from every other year in the last decade. Sometimes I wish I was a Kentucky or Vanderbilt fan so I could just be pleasantly surprised when we won than completely, insanely mad when we lose. I usually feel better after I rant, but not this time. I don't think I will even sleep tonight.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75018 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA
I don't believe we chose to kick it short. It's just that with the unsportsmanlike penalty we were backed up the extra 15 yards and that's as far as our kicker can kick it. It's not like they have been booming it out of the end zone all year. I would have rather seen us bring the house on the last play instead of giving him all the time to throw it. At least we're competitive all the way to the end. Dang this loss hurt.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75019 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA
it was the SOS, but at least this time it was a coach doing it after his third game instead of after his 12 year.

let's be positive though.... how are starting left tackle is terrible. our kickers are terrible. we've got a true freshman at quarterback who makes true freshman mistakes.... all that and we should have beaten the preseason SEC East favorites.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75020 by SBR1969
Replied by SBR1969 on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA
In my insanity after that last play I forgot all about the unsportsmanlike that cost us 15 yards. I didn't see that on replay so don't really know if that was a chicken poop call like the dropped pass, oops, I mean catch that Tennessee made or what I thought was at least two obvious missed holding calls on the touchdown that Dobbs ran in, or did he actually make it in? I guess I am just plain mad that other than the game two weeks ago against Missouri we always seem to be on the short end of the stick in these close ones. I want us to be great so bad and I can see such big giant glimmers of hope that is just kills me when we lose like this. I will be over it by Monday and ready to trounce South Carolina, but right now I'm just going to bask in misery, anger, and self pity. That and the fact that because I live in Gaterd country I will have to listen to all of them bask in their glorious 13 to 6 win over Vandy.

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds