Forum

GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75052 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA
sadlerdawg, members like you that have been here forever that understand what "has gone on" and have a strong possibility of "improving" are one of the reasons that I have remained on Dawgs.com.

Have not been a big supporter of Jeff Schultz . . . . However I really appreciated this particular paragraph copied from his column.

For the record, I still believe the Dogs had gone as far as they could under Richt and a change needed to be made. I also believe the Smart hiring made sense on a lot of levels, not so much because he was a former Georgia player but because he was so familiar with the SEC recruiting landscape after jobs at Alabama and LSU and had studied for 11 years (Alabama, LSU, Miami Dolphins) under Nick Saban, arguably the greatest coach in college football history.

Single best read from the AJC that actually put a smile on my face. No BS, just a bit of "history", factually speaking.

EDIT: The paragraph above copied from Jeff Schultz column definitely finds its way into my vault. Impressed the heck out of me. There are those that understand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75053 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA
My thoughts about making a change and the choice Kirby Smart. This about summed it up for me... good read. Thanks Buc.

"For the record, I still believe the Dogs had gone as far as they could under Richt and a change needed to be made. I also believe the Smart hiring made sense on a lot of levels, not so much because he was a former Georgia player but because he was so familiar with the SEC recruiting landscape after jobs at Alabama and LSU and had studied for 11 years (Alabama, LSU, Miami Dolphins) under Nick Saban, arguably the greatest coach in college football history."

Former Ga player was not an issue for me. It is good that he was and knows his way around Athens but that was just icing on the cake. The rest is spot on.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

7 years 6 months ago #75054 by Buc
Another thing that I really liked yesterday in Sanford Stadium. The FANS never departed from our team.

And this . . . . there was never a question as to who the quarterback was wearing the Red and Black.

Some hurdles have been crossed, there are more, most on this board know what needs to be done. Some very good members that understand what is going on to finish the "process".

This is Kirby Smart's first year as a "Head Coach". Might take Kirby a couple of years to become "all that" . . . . here is hoping I am around to see that.

Anyone see Scott Sinclair holding on to Kirby Smarts belt yesterday? Most of the day.

Kirby Smart is incredibly excited to be the Head Coach at Georgia. For the "bleeders" . . . . looking forward to you beginning to understand "Football". While most on this years team are Mark Richt recruits, as has been said on this board, if the "good man" was still in Athens, the game would have been over at halftime. FACT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago #75055 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA
Funny people giving up on this staff... those
same people were more than willing to give the last one 7 years after 2008 for doing the same thing, without the valid excuse of the teams being someone elses players.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75056 by Buc

Wartdawg wrote: Funny people giving up on this staff... those
same people were more than willing to give the last one 7 years after 2008 for doing the same thing, without the valid excuse of the teams being someone elses players.

TRUER WORDS NEVER SPOKEN.

Sorry about being so loud, looking around the internet, amazes me, maybe I should say . . . . not surprised.

Call it like it is . . . . Ready for this . . . .

FICKLE, F'ING KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL FOLKS, not FANS of the players, fans of a "good man" filling his pockets with millions. He was a offensive coordinator at best. The "U" is getting a heck of a lot more out of the "good man" than we did when the "CHIPS WERE DOWN".

Has often been said on Dawgs.com that we will not allow BS to enter into the hiring and firing at Georgia, unless you have more than BS.

How you doing yankeedawg1?

More
7 years 6 months ago #75057 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA
Kirby is learning why the head coach position pays so much. It's going to get a lot worse if they loose to the chickens. I don't know as much as you guys, but I get the feeling he could be loosing this team.

I watched most of the second half. That was a crazy game. ESPN has a thingy that gives the "winning percent" chance during the game. It was swinging. . .

I look for Shane Beamer to be the first casualty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds