Forum

GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA

7 years 6 months ago #75040 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA
Have a picture in my mind as to what I watched throughout the game yesterday. Will watch the entire game video probably twice, for sure once entirely.

Has been said by many this is supposed to be the Vol's year. Thus far there have been some rabbit's pulled out of the football hat. Live by the sword, sometimes die by the same.

I can harp until the cow's come home or do not . . . . Jacob Eason will spend the rest of this season throwing off his back foot more than once . . . . a game. Left tackle has been exposed, along with the entire offensive line.

Same can be said about the defensive line . . . . exposed. If we are going to "express concern" over the head coach, who I know is in charge, what needs to be said about our Special Teams, Defensive Line . . . .

Has Kirby Smart made any improvements, yep. Has he looked silly in some situations, yep.

Kicking and punting have been a pain around our team for "years". Before the 2016 Season comes to a close, we will witness more of the same.

Sooner or later it had to come down to business, and not business as usual. Many that want to play in 2017 will fight for that right as we speak.

Did watch some of the FSU/UNC game. Interesting to say the least.

Watched Georgia Tech gift wrap two touchdowns to Miami.

Strange how games turn out sometimes.

Is Georgia a work in progress? Better be, some others are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75041 by SimpleDawg
Replied by SimpleDawg on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA
And the Tall Guy put in to rebound is standing under the basket...... Was he not told to get on the goal line and go get any ball thrown towards the endzone....? Standing in the back of the endzone rendered him useless.

Bad teams can always find a way to lose.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75042 by Buc
Have mentioned often that I like to review the game. If it suits you . . . .

Stop and go, pick and choose, feel I get a better "overall" to how the game was played.

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
7 years 6 months ago #75043 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA
Thanks to everyone that posted the post game presser. Idk why but I always have trouble finding them online.

Really like what Kirby said "I don't believe in moral victories" so much more refreshing to hear than the same ole BS with Richt.

Only thing I'm confused on is Smart said they didn't call for a squib, so I guess Blankenship boomed it but it wasn't a far kick bc of the penalty?

Just hope this reaches our boys a lesson, the game ain't over until it's over. Celebrate when the clock says 00:00.

This Sunday morning the pain has left a little bit, and I believe we watched Jacob Eason grow up last night.

I'm completely on board with Kirby, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Like Buc said, we've been exposed at a number of positions this year. I believe Coach smart will have these issues corrected in a year or two. Before this season started all I wanted to see out of this team was for them to be competitive in every game. Besides ole miss they have been.

Said we would be an 8/9 win team, still believe that.

Love these dawgs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75044 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA
Well, guys, not a whole lot to add with the Sanford Stadium report. It is impossible to describe how disheartening and disgusting this loss was to actually be there. I have never hugged so many strangers in my life as I did after the TD pass with 10 seconds left. The whole place was electric. After the hail mary, I'm sure which ever sports show does the "Sad Face Camera" had plenty to choose from at Sanford.
From where I sat, it did not look like a pooch or a squib, just an average kick from 15 yards back that was given 5 more yards for an offsides . More discipline issues. I hate not putting pressure on the QB on hail marys, but that isn't only us...almost every team does it the same way for some reason.
I did like seeing more edge runs and TE patterns. On Nauta's TD, literally half the stadium was already cheering before the pass was thrown because it was a great pattern and he was so wide open. Ridley's too.
From where I sat..it did not look like Dobbs scored before halftime...I haven't watched the broadcast, so I don't know what the replay showed.
Same gripes as always...line play (both), and special teams will kill us all year I'm afraid.
The tailgating was great at least...
On to SC, I guess :dry:

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
7 years 6 months ago #75045 by Buc
BullDawg2010, believe as you said above, most here, especially on Dawgs.com being competitive was one of the first things mentioned.

Watching some more of the game, remained concerned with Special Team play, especially tackling and a lot of overrunning the opponent.

Shane Beamer named the Special Teams coordinator, caught my attention after being named. His Dad's Virginia Tech teams were really good on Special Teams.

Has been a "soft spot" for us for too long, hoping what I am seeing is a personnel problem, not a coaching issue.

As has been said by many, and I have repeated often . . . . using Wartdawg's simple phrase . . . . No Excuses.

Oldest member on the defensive line is a Junior. That I do not understand or want to accept.

More
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds