Forum

GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75058 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA
Kirby isn't losing this team for crying out loud. Good Lord Scooby.

And wasn't the game on CBS, not ESPN?

I've refrained from speaking much about this game because it's already been said. I'm not going to start now.

I thought the AJC article was spot on that said the heartbreaking loss overshadowed a LOT of improvement on this team. If we hadn't been burned on that last play, I can guarantee you that everyone would be heaping praise on the coaching staff and talking about how well they made adjustments in practice. Football is a game of inches, not yards. This time, we were just a few inches short of blocking that downfield miracle. It happens. It's heartbreaking. It's the SEC.

From my chair, I saw a team that looked a hell of a lot better than the team I saw last week in Oxford, and the week before that against Mizzou, and the week before that against Nicholls.

I have no time, ZERO time, to sit around and debate people about this coaching staff. It's been said once, it's been said too damn many times, this is not our year. Should we have won the game? You bet. But we didn't. We know what the weak links are. Kirby knows what they are and he's not making excuses. I was so happy to hear him say "I'm not about moral victories." We call that no BS. Owning up to what the problem is, not trying to candy coat it with the feel good anesthetic of "moral victory."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, BullDawg2010, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75059 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA
ESPN.com

If you click on "game cast" for the game you will see the winning probability at any point in the game. Click on week 3 and you will see uga was in trouble, probability wise, before the 4th and ten beauty.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75060 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA
"Loosing this team"

My IQ is 7 points lower just from having read that.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75061 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA

SouthernDawg wrote: Kirby isn't losing this team for crying out loud. Good Lord Scooby.

This is the only thought I have anytime scooby makes a post:

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago #75063 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA
Had a feeling we would see a different team Saturday. I hoped to see a team that plays physical, tough, and with a lot of energy. That is exactly what I saw. Realize a lot were po'd after the game. Tough to lose that way. But, I saw red helmets flying around on the defensive side of the ball. Tenn hasn't been hit like that all year. Want to point out Aaron Davis. Got benched last week. Played like a grown man Saturday. O-line wasn't perfect, but for the 2nd week in a row, they played hard, and at times opened some holes. Effort can be the great neutralizer up front. IMO we played the best d-line we will see all year, and we competed.

I was hard on Kirby and the staff last week. Thought they got the kids more than ready this week. I realize no one is in this for moral victories, but I do believe you can get better even if the score isn't in your favor. I thought our Dawgs got better Saturday.

Don't believe there is any doubt who the most physical team was Saturday.

GO DAWGS - no time to take a step back
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago #75068 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic GAME DAY: TENN VS UGA
You know we've got a mystery to solve, but Scooby Doo
we're ready for your act... Don't hold back!

And Scooby Doo if you come through you're gonna talk
some Scooby Smack! Stick to facts!

Scooby Dooby Doo, where are you? You're ready and you're willing.
We can count on you Scooby Doo... You'll make CKS the villain.

Not buying it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds