Forum

Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou

7 years 7 months ago #74540 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
Something tells me there is going to be a LOT of LARNIN' going on this week!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74541 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
Some chatter beginning with UGA dropping from #9 to either #16 or #18 in the polls.

I am not sure that we were/are one of the 9 best teams in college football. Not sure that we are number 16 or 18.

Polls are like those that put the stars beside players names prior to leaving high school. All about the clicks. Some folks buy into the chatter, find that there always seems to be an awakening to the fact that it is a long season, and early talk does not come close many years to what the teams standings look like at the end of the season.

Have read that we are favorites against Missouri. That scares the heck out of me at this particular time. Missouri has a very good defense, and a coach that can make playing them a difficult task.

Having played two games in 2016, have a hard time putting my finger on where Georgia Football is after the two games.

Too often in the past the teams that compete in a lower classification were looked at as teams that were signed to play a higher level of weekday scrimmages.

We found that not to be the case Saturday between the "Hedges" and a lot of Red and Black in Sanford Stadium. Clemson faced off with Troy, did not see a cake walk there. Clemson fell big time in the rankings, from #2 to #8 or so.

AP, Coaches and other polls are not nearly as accurate as they were x number of years ago. I like it. There are many that play for schools like Troy, Nicholls and others that proved this past Saturday that the game of football has changed. Not all young men can meet some of the requirements in the SEC or any other conferences. Whether a lack of putting their noses in the books, one thing for sure, they are proving that they understand "Football Language".

#35 playing football for UGA had a lot of problems prior to being admitted to UGA. The same young man could have played for a Troy or Nicholls or any other university had not someone like Kirby Smart believe in him and push him to be all he could be. I really like #35, he is going to make a name for himself both on the field and off.

Just "stuff" that I think about . . . .

Go Dawgs, Coach Them Up! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl

More
7 years 7 months ago #74542 by Buc
Chief . . . . how you doing?

Finished boiling a bushel of green peanuts this past week. Hawkinsville, Georgia peanuts. Take them to the VA several times each year. Lots of folks like Greg that appreciate "Georgia Caviar". Know that you are on board with green peanuts boiled the South Georgia way.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

More
7 years 7 months ago #74543 by Buc
Malcolm Mitchell is a starting receiver for Bill Belichick's New England Patriots tonight 9/11/2016. Wearing a protective device for his injured elbow, happened in preseason. Starting center is David Andrews. Continues to baffle me that talent like the above mentioned players come through the University of Georgia and . . . .

Chief, I believe that "some questions" were "answered" with the hiring of Smart and Company. Have been quiet recently about one of two above him in the pecking order. Will leave that alone for now, but . . . . eyes wide open.

God Bless those that are in His House tonight. 9/11 . . . . Never forget.

Go Dawgs :)

More
7 years 7 months ago #74544 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
Limey, I hope we're just talking about complacency.

There was some complacency and a lack of execution in Alabama this weekend as well... resulted in an "ass chewing" on the sidelines.
The result was still a fairly easy 28 point victory for the tide.

Our "complacency" nearly resulted in a loss.. to a 50 point underdog.

The reason I say this is because I called out the interior of our O-line and specifically Sims last week as well, and I don't think we showed up complacent to that one at all.

Kirby and staff have a hall pass from me this year, but I will tell everyone here this... I am tired of hearing the "talk" about our O-line. Not referring to being tired of comments made here... just an in general thing. I've heard it from everywhere... different players... different line coachs... different strength coaches... different head coaches. Still gross inconsistency on our line. Tired of it... should not have seen that level of play fron our O-line against Nicholls even with giving them all the credit in the world.

i think coach Smart would agree with what I said.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74545 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
I know, Wart, it's like Chinese water torture. Constant, neverending, subpar play from a group that ought to be light years ahead of where it is. Every year it's something.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds