The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #74606 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou
yankeedawg1, soon after leaving the Service, spent a lot of time in Destin, Florida. Lot of family members and friends. Still have family there. Changed so much since the early 60's. Back in those days spent time writing articles about the area and of course . . . . the "fishing". Back then there was a large Greek population involved with the offshore fishing. Large Air Force Base (Eglin) that meant so much to the areas growth. Even the SEC finally figured out what a great place Destin, Florida is. Good on you taking some time to relax and enjoy our latter years.

yd1, Kirby Smart is real and he has a following that understands what he is not trying to do . . . . going to do. So right you are, he has taken our program down to the footings, a "process" that was much needed and, finally addressed.

Not to be ugly . . . . our previous head coach was also welcomed with open arms, given every consideration to move the Red and Black forward. Water seeks its level. Ask any Captain in Destin. Nuff said.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago #74607 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou
Thanks for sharing your Destin experience Buc

My first trip late 70's. Truth like all things ...much has

Changed..... Water seeking it's own level...understand

Completely..... My favorite.... When the draft of your vessel

Exceeds the depth of the water you are.......aground...

Enjoy your weekend... Friend.... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 6 months ago #74610 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou
I can't imagine anyone thinking the first year under a new HC would be roses. That said, we (collectively as Georgia fans) do like our roses, don't we? I'm always hoping that the team I think we have will show up. Mostly, they never make the bus, but I can hope, can't I?

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
7 years 6 months ago #74611 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou
Don’t know if you folks are watching Jake Fromm this high school football season. I am. Have watched a lot of film on Jake, first year on.

Hoping I don’t upset too many but, the more I see, the more I repeat myself. Jake Fromm quarterback . . . . reminds me more of AM than any quarterback I have watched video on in the SEC this 2016 Season.

Jake Fromm is far ahead of where Jacob Eason was his Senior year in high school. Jake not only has “all the tools”, he is head and shoulders above reading defenses.

I do not believe that Jake signed on with Georgia to sit, not play. This young man is a competitor, and he is lighting up high school football in Middle Georgia, State of Georgia.

I say things like this from time to time. Also stash comments like this in my vault. CYA. Made a statement earlier in the week . . . . said I feel that the quarterback from Cartersville, Georgia (Trevor Lawrence) will play elsewhere, just a feeling. Why? Because AM’s and Jake Fromm’s are special and all of these talented young men want to play.

Jake Fromm is playing at a very high level. Jake also is a leader. The type of leader that head coach Kirby Smart looks for, both offensively and defensively.

Stop with this . . . . There is going to be a lot of “back and forth” about the quarterback position in Athens. That is a good thing, and Smart and Company totally understand.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #74612 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou
From where I sit Buc your not being ugly....

It points to competition....which makes every position

Better. That includes QB. Back to your water analogy

JE has a year to get it..... Or his review mirrors will be full

Of Jake breathing down his neck. Good for the Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds