Forum

Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74516 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
Having mentioned AM in a post above, thought this would be a good read for "some". We are ok, just have to sort things out.

The game today will open the eyes of both players and coaches. Both are still learning, mean that sincerely.

Oldest phrase ever . . . . ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN A DAY.

True dat.

We were more than patient for most of the 15 years prior to the change over. I have a couple more years to hang around, Good Lord willing . . . . to watch what I believe is going to be a pain in the butt for many in the SEC East and West.

Bothers me a bit when the board gets silent, that usually happens when we don't kick the spit out of our opponent. Say again my friends, there were some "forward movement" today.

www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/college/s...article86343327.html

EDIT: Do not mean this to be anything other than what it is . . . . There are "many" players in college that cannot find their way into D1 schools. Many of the players do not put the time into the curriculum to reach the requirements. An example . . . . #35 Brian Herrien. Smart was on top of Brian while at Bama. Brian was close to slipping through the cracks, however . . . . Coach Smart got into his ear, deeply, and now we see the results of another aspect of "coaching" and "recruiting". Herrien will be a super stud/star once the offensive line is in place by Coach Sam Pittman. Patience my friends, we were very patient with the previous "coache(s)". Many of you younger members are going to be able down the road to talk about what is happening in Athens now. Bet that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74517 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
No one should take what I have said wrong. I'm not worried the sky is falling. I have not begun to doubt Smart. I always care, but losing 4-5 ball games this year isn't going to change that, and I am not even at the point of believing that will happen at all. All I know is we are undefeated.

I am however going to call the games as I see them.

Forgot to metion one earlier when I called out Sims and our O line. Malcolm Parrish.. two big mistakes in coverage.

Team wasn't ready to play today. They just weren't.
Smart et al get a pass, but facts is facts.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl

More
7 years 7 months ago #74518 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
Still scratching my head over how Nichols could play with uga. Head coach makes 129k, oc and dc make 65k and 70k. They didn't win a game in 2014, won 3 in 2015. They ain't a powerhouse. . .

Speed was the only reason Georgia won. I bet if you lined up all the players on both teams for a foot race uga had the fastest 10 players. Uga got whipped on the line.

Eason is better than the guy from Virginia, but he has a ways to go. He has a good arm and can hit a open receiver. Just slings it up there sometimes. I noticed he layed on the ground and watched after the "big" interception. Jump up and run em down if the other guys catch it.

This place would be blowing up if this happened last year. Kirby is going to be a good coach and needs to get his guys. You would just think he could beat a scrub team like Nichols with vandys guys.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74519 by scooby
I wasn't even going to watch this game. Just turned it on for a bit, but it was such a competitive game I stayed with it. Missed Nichols last score. Gave up on them a little to early. Made me late for tailgating at my game.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74520 by scooby
I enjoyed watching Nichols play. They have incarnate word at home next week. I'm going to be keeping an eye on these guys.

Edit: The word is .500 so far this year. Undefeated (2-0) lifetime against Nichols. Nicholls ain't the team of old. Word best bring the A game for the colonels. The Nichols mascot is a tough word to spell, btw.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74521 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
Last time I checked, you only need to beat your opponent by 1 point to win, and we achieved that. I'll take that into every game we play and, if we win them all by one it will be a good season.

That said, I'll probably parrot what has already been said on here. OL was horrendous. I thought JE played okay. He was hitting receivers in the hands, but they dropped balls. Some squirrally Special Teams play helped Nicholls hang in until the end. Nick looked tired, but I suspect he was aggravated that his support staff wasn't opening up lanes that should have been there. Defense was okay, but allowed Nicholls to move the ball late, which was disappointing.

The reality is that Nicholls obviously came to play Georgia, while the Dawgs came to play Nicholls. The mindset killed us. They came to make a statement against a big time program, and we came to play touch on a Saturday afternoon, and boy did it show. My take away here is that I'm glad THAT game is out of the way because the meat of the season is ahead of us.

I imagine that it's a shock for those commentators who have been used to interviewing Mark Richt and his kumbaya after every game to run into Kirby. Kirby doesn't mince words and went straight to the heart of the matter right after the game, talking not about Isiah McKenzie's awesome TD, but the dropped punt return. I think, over time, this attitude is going to create a love/hate relationship with the fan base, and that's fine. I know these aren't really Kirby's kids, and he has to work with the hand he's dealt, but it is going to be painful to watch for sure. However, I like that he's already turning the wheels in his mind and working on fixes for the obvious problems.

Overall, we should have expected this. You cannot have been a part of the past 15 seasons without knowing that let-down games have been part of our culture. We have talent that is light years ahead of Nicholls. What we missed in this game was passion and heart. Nicholls schooled us there, and we were fortunate to escape with the win. It's not the end of the world, but it does show that there are fires that need to be put out.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds