Forum

Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #74497 by stevedawg
Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou was created by stevedawg
I want to start early on the Monday because we are at a point where we need to look at Kirby, the team and figure out next week.

Kirby hit the ground running and has worked to retrain the squad to his specifications. We have been impressed with him.

This game was a chance to play everybody and set up different strategys.

Considering he inherited the team and this was the first game he could play a little loose with and see what he has...

Thoughts?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
7 years 6 months ago #74498 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
I love Kirby and most on here know I was one of his biggest and earliest supporters...that being said, maybe instead of calling out the fan base and going head to head with the media, he should concentrate a bit more on his duties and his team's focus. Complete embarrassment of a game. Will be interesting to see how he responds to this debacle

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago #74499 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
And don't get me wrong, I love his fire, but that should be kept in practice and on the field. Less public displays of chest pounding would be OK by me...as a professional, he's expected to separate where he displays his fire, imo

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago #74500 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
Offensive line looked like hot garbage.
Kirby and Pittman need to have a serious "chat" with the big guys up front.

My grandmother could have ran through that line today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #74501 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
We wanted more fire from the coach, we got it, now we need to step back and give him his chance to pull things together. I dont like the results of this game any better than you, but he's the coach and I believe in him.

GO DAWGS!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, BullDawg2010

More
7 years 6 months ago #74502 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
Thoughts:

Horrible guard play. Especially from Sims. We were beaten for a sack there last week. This week oir guards coudn't do anything with Nicholls D line and Sims was flagged twice in the 1st half for holds. Grade F. The inside line play is unacceptable.

Eason is a true Freshman, and he is showing that. You see the potential, but he isn't even close yet
to where he needs to be. Anyone screaming for Lambert to take back over though... that's not going to cut it either. He nearly got Blaze killed... you have to lead receivers open, not lead them into a crushing decapitation.

Chigbu... 2 dropped passes out of 3 I think. This guy displays eveything you want in a WR Except that whole catching the ball part. Overall outside of IMac, our receivers were very inconsistent creating separation.... and where are our TE's?? They are supposed to be a strength on this team and other than one play at the goal (where Eason missed the read) and one play where Lambert tried to get Blaze killed, they were completely absent from thw game plan.... which leads me to;

Gameplan. Maybe we are just scared to open the playbook up, but Chaney has not impressed me at all. Seems he is acting like a pure execution guy with nothing going on in the imagination department. Even within the run game, outside of iMac reverses, we are beyond just being vanilla. We are completely flavorless. The play calling was beyong predictable. No TE or FB in game plan... predictable calling on down and distance situations.
I said this last week as well, but can we have a little play action on first down? Especially when they are selling out for the run? Maybe drag a TE across off of it? I know we have to be careful with a freshman QB, but help the kid out with a playcall or two.

IMac... two or three great plays... definitely two bone-headed ones. Indicative of the way the entire offense played today... HUA

Heads Up Asses

I get it... let down game sandwiches between week 1 euphoria and week 3 SEC opener, but that should have only lasted a half.

Let this sink in.... if we don't pick up a 1st down on 3rd and 7 when Lambert hits a guy on his knees for 8, I am not sure our opponent isn't lining up for a game winning FG attempt about a 1:30 later...

Our opponent... Nicholls St..

Nicholls... again, let that sink in.

Somewhere, scooby the Richt sycophant and UGA troll is laughing.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds