Forum

Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou

7 years 7 months ago #74546 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzu.
Buc, doing great, thanks for asking, I actually had some Hardy Farms boiled peanuts myself this weekend. A big ole glass of iced tea and boiled peanuts on the back porch, nice cool breeze in the swing and I put this game behind me for good riddance and get on to the next one.

Really cant wait to see how the team reacts to this true test of their ability to pull together.

GO DAWGS!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74547 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou
Hey Growl, that's about it for me too... get on to the real game, big deal coming up.

Excuse me I have to get some goobers going.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
7 years 7 months ago #74548 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou
Peas, peas,peas,peas eating goober peas!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74549 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou

growl wrote: Peas, peas,peas,peas eating goober peas!

Goobers labeled as nuts, not so, as you say Growl, legumes.

Looking forward to our team going on the road to play a SEC game.

Missouri will give "me" a better perspective of where we are at. Road game, SEC game.

Watched the game film again, enough stuff to go around the entire team when discussing what happened.

Coach Smart spent a lot of time in his previous coaching job under a coach that understands how to prepare for a road game in the SEC. Don't hear a lot of that type talk from the "wrappers", it will pick up after they continue on their path of reading other/outside "sites". I said that.

Reading many different sites on the internet. Seems most want to ditch the running game after our latest contest. Any offensive lineman that is worth his salt will tell you quickly . . . . would rather run block than pass protect. Comes down to this for me . . . . we ran the ball against UNC, and they won a lot of games in 2015. What was/is the difference between the first game and our second game? Nicholls State totally sold out to stopping the run. Play calling as has been suggested against Nicholls State, maybe.

I will say this openly . . . . The team (UGA) that we will see this Saturday night will not look like the team that lined up against either of the two wins thus far.

Couple of positives that I saw . . . . Punting remained good, kickoffs and field goal kicking looked much improved. Play SEC football, better punt and kick above average.

One more thing. Those that have been around this board for any length of time may not remember, has however been posted here. Isaiah McKenzie will "thrill you and also drive you nuts". Buc said that before he (Isaiah) ever wore the Red and Black. Not patting myself on the back, just visiting the "vault" again.

As far as the star ratings, the AP and other polls, they make a living doing just this . . . . creating controversy. Clemson dropped from #2 to somewhere around #6 or so in one week. Check the polls after Saturday's play . . . . more controversy.

Go Dawgs :)

More
7 years 7 months ago #74574 by bpatters69
Replied by bpatters69 on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou
A W is a W but man.... Dat' one was UGly.

Isiah McKenzie was a much of a goat as he was a hero. Eason is still a freshman QB and it showed. It would have been nice if Chigbu caught one more pass. Where in the heck are our TEs which are supposed to be one of the streangths of our team? Chubb played decently with little support from the O Line and Sony looked very average. The D was ok with some major lapses. We barely win. Yep, based on the ingredients to this recipe, that sounds about right.

If I had to pick one thing that frustrated me more than anything in our game against Nicholls, it would be the coaching staff. This was a trap game and the team was not inspired and the team made all kinds of mistakes. This is the same kind of thing that frustrated me under Richt's reign. We had all kinds of talent but we were never able to harvest our true potential. We took a lot of very great players and made them very good - it that makes sense.

I am not even close to throwing in the towel on the team or the coaching staff but I see shades of the old UGA poking through. Maybe that is to be expected for a season or two until Coach Smart's attitude permeates the program. I hope so.

So now off to Mizzou and a bit of a tougher challenge. Mizzou has their issues as well though. The question is which team has developed more and which team will take the game on Saturday? Let's hope it UGA. Just my humble opinion but I think the Mizzou game may be the most important game we play all year. I think it sets the tone for what our players think of themselves and their abilities. Same goes for the coaches.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
7 years 7 months ago #74576 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday - What was that? And then Mizzou
Good read bpatters69.

A thought . . . . Kirby has been open in telling anyone that would listen that there is much to be done. Smart has done that from the beginning. After the first two game in 2016, might be the players and media understand that Kirby Smart is not/was not "hollering wolf".

Agree with you about the importance of the game against Missouri. They will spread the field on us, have good receivers. Rocker's crew has to find a way to apply "some" pressure.

Believe one of the tight end issues is the offensive line needing help. Believe that to be one of the reasons lack of using them by Coach Jim Chaney.

bpatters also believe that the Dawg Nation has come to realize the need for someone like Coach Sam Pittman who comes to Athens with a "plan". Coach Pittman also does not pull punches, said from the beginning there are a certain type of offensive linemen he needs to put his plan in motion. Agree with you on the two year look/see.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds